How much dried puppy food is correct to feed my puppy?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
No 2 bullies are the same and what works for one won't always work for another. I feed my baby 1 cup (225 grams) twice a day and thats it or she will have explosive poo. Many others feed 1 cup 3 times a day without issue until 6 or 7 months and then they remove the middle feeding and split it all between 2 meals. You will have to do some trial and error to find what works best for your baby.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am so bad on remembering this guideline ..... [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] or [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
It differs from kibble to kibble and there should be guidelines in the bag. And from there you need to adjust what's appropriate for your baby.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
At 10 weeks it should be about 1.5 to 2 cups a day. Not sure that conversion in grams. If the stool is soft cut back some, if it's too hard feed a bit more.

You should also increase the food to about twice that much slowly as they grow. Feed that much until they are about 1.5 to 2 years old, then once you see they start gaining weight and looking a bit portly it's time to cut it back to 1 cup twice a day.

OP
homeriscool

homeriscool

Dec 26, 2013
United Kingdom, Wirral
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo
Thanks for your help everyone. Im pretty much giving him 1 cup 3 times a day at the moment, and he leaves a good bit of it and picks at it throughout the day. so it sounds like im doing ok. Thanks again

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sounds like you have some good advice above. Good luch with your pups.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online