The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Like many others Harlea has officially hit her rebellious stage full stride. Attitude, accidents and the whole works. Things she hasn't done in months all over again. Tonight she decided to launch herself up on my wifes leg which you all know was just surgically repaired a week ago which is not good at all. What was already going to be a long 3 months just got that much longer..... Ugg.....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Haven't you heard the old expression "When it rains, it POURS?"!!!!!! Every year at this time everything goes wrong here. Tell your wife to keep a large pillow on her leg.
I hope she didn't hurt her leg(more). Sorry. Kids and dogs act up at the most inconvinient times:ohmy:

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Oh I know. We have a pillow mountain around her leg but unless I encase it in a box the weight of the little fireball will still get through. The timing couldn't be worse.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
You need to get some osb board(or see if anyone you know has scraps/plywood. Build a 3 sided box that will fit over and cover the leg.That would be easy- Then put a pillow on the leg, the box over it, then another pillow(so if Harlea jumps-she won't hurt herself.) If the downtime is quite awhile-it would be worth the effort so the leg won't get messed up-and Harlea may not be apt to jump on it so much-if it's not a pile of pillows. Just an idea....

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I have plenty of wood to make a box but I am going an easier route. I am going to cut a 12 inch diameter pvc pipe and fit it over her leg like a piece or armor. Lol

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
She is getting better. Pain at the surgery site is getting better but she has massive pain in her shin right now which is to be expected. She got the wraps off today and has a nice 8 or 9 inch incesion on the inside of her leg. She can start slowly bending it but still can't put any weight on it for another 3 months. Harlea has gotten her about 3 times already which is less than I expected but more than I hoped for bjt it is what it is. Thank you for asking.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I'm glad your wife is recovering [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION]. I hope her pain becomes less each day!
Brie has hit her rebellious stage too, although she has always been a very feisty bully. Hopefully they will both calm down at some point! Keep us updated please! :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oooooh my goodness, not good timing at all! I sure hope she learns that moms lap (or shall I say leg) is off limits. Bullies have so much love to give, they never realize their strength, and even little Harlea packs 40lbs in that love. Hope your wife continues to get better. :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
You need to get some osb board(or see if anyone you know has scraps/plywood. Build a 3 sided box that will fit over and cover the leg.That would be easy- Then put a pillow on the leg, the box over it, then another pillow(so if Harlea jumps-she won't hurt herself.) If the downtime is quite awhile-it would be worth the effort so the leg won't get messed up-and Harlea may not be apt to jump on it so much-if it's not a pile of pillows. Just an idea....

Is this the Randy version in a Christmas story? Protect it so much that by the time it's done, you gotta go pee.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Is this the Randy version in a Christmas story? Protect it so much that by the time it's done, you gotta go pee.

That is pretty much what I am doing. Things will be better once she is able to get in our bed and not be stuck in her recliner as it is too high for Harlea to get to he directly.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, I don't know what the "Randy/Christmas story is, but You are right-once she got all settled in--"gotta' go pee!" guess my idea wasn't so good after all..........duh!!
my bad!!!!!!:whistle:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG.... so sorry Harlea is hit that stage at this moment in time, but she probably has also realized your attention to her is down becasue of it needing to be focused on your wife -- little bugger is pushing the envelope.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
OMG.... so sorry Harlea is hit that stage at this moment in time, but she probably has also realized your attention to her is down becasue of it needing to be focused on your wife -- little bugger is pushing the envelope.

Its all good we will survive. May have a few more bjmps and bruises but we will survive. Lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.