My Sick little Dozer

BullDozer

Dec 30, 2013
Country
canada
Bulldog(s) Names
dozer
Please help we have a very sick little bull
I have a two year old bull named Dozer up until a month and a half ago he was just fine. He started getting sick very bad one day. We took him to the vet they started all kinds of tests and said we should change his food to royal canin gastro intestinal. He has never been the same still getting badly sick every 4-6 day he’s been in and out of the vet for more test. The last 4 day he’s gotten really bad won’t eat or drink was back at the vet today. The vet has no idea what wrong with him. He has had three ultrasounds, numerous blood tests and tomorrow he goes in to get a scope down his tummy. Were getting nowhere with the vet and the cost is getting very stupid the scope test is over $3000.00.Please does anybody have any ideas Thanks

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww I'm so terribly sorry you're going through this with Dozer. I have a sweet spot for Dozeys, as I also have a EB named Bulldozer, we call him Dozer for short. I don't have any idea what could be wrong with him, other than could he have eaten something that you might not know about? The reason I'm asking is my Dozer has eaten 4 sweat socks, in the last 2 years, and most of the time, I have no idea he's eaten one, and two of them he threw up, and one he pooped out. The third sock that he ate, made him really sick, he had diarrhea, vomiting, drooling from his mouth, and he was lethargic. The vet did X-rays, felt his tummy, stool samples, gave him IV fluids, pain medication, and a laxative, and he eventually passed a sweat sock. Had your Dozer had any X-rays? I'm glad he's having a scope down his tummy, I hope this will show something, so you can have it treated. I hope it's nothing too serious, and they can figure out what's wrong with Dozer. Please keep us posted on what the vet finds or says. Sending love, hugs and prayers to you and Dozer that they find what's making him sick, and he gets better soon.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Take him to another vet, preferably a bully vet, sounds like he has an obstruction.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Get to a different vert and ask for a barium X-ray... As David said, it sounds like an obstruction

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I agree with David. I woould find a bully vet in your area and get in to see them quickly. If it is an obstruction depending on what it is it won't always show up on an regular xray or ultrasound. You need to have a barium xray done if at all possible.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I agree with all. Obstruction was my thought. Prayers for your Dozer.

OP
B

BullDozer

Dec 30, 2013
Country
canada
Bulldog(s) Names
dozer
Get to a different vert and ask for a barium X-ray... As David said, it sounds like an obstruction
He has had two barium X-Rays and the vet cant see any obstruction im trying to find a vet better suited for bulls thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He has had two barium X-Rays and the vet cant see any obstruction im trying to find a vet better suited for bulls thanks

Where do you live,, we may have a member nearby that can recommend a vet

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh dear. So his blood tests show nothing? Do you live in the western provinces?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online