Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Too small?

Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    @bullymomwannabe I don't think he looks small at all, I think he looks just right. Buster weighed right around 45 at 8 months. It's best to be a little on the light side then overweight because it's much tougher to get them to lose weight. Bifi looks healthy!
    @pdolphin27 Thank you! That's a chip off my shoulder. Do you think he would still grow taller?

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@bullymomwannabe Yes I think he will, they usually grow taller for the first 2 years and then grow wider after that.

Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cefe13 View Post
    Bifi is very cute and his body proportions are a bit like those of Castor! Castor was on Acana chicken before we changed to Orijen fish. The tear stains (well, no visible stains as Castor's face is dark under his eyes but rusty-coloured tears) disappeared when we switched from Acana to Orijen. But now he's eating lamb and rice from James Wellbeloved.

How tall is Bifi from floor to shoulder?
    @cefe13 Thank you! I find it quite a coincidence that our boys are of the same age and almost have the same built, plus we're worried about the same thing! LOL. I dunno, i will have to measure him when he wakes up. He is snoring right now behind me.

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cefe13 View Post
    He actually measures 41 cm (16.1 inches) from the floor to the top of his shoulders (whithers) which is kind of average, isn't it?
    I'm actually not sure about the height, my Ace is about the same height as your dog but he is an OEB and is a littler shorter than standard but he may still grow a bit taller. Ace is what is referred to as an F2 which simply means that the sire and dam were F1's, an F1 OEB is half OEB and half EB

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@cefe13 Average height is between 12 and 16 inches give or take so I would say Castor is average.

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    @cefe13 Average height is between 12 and 16 inches give or take so I would say Castor is average.
    Thanks for that figure!

I've noticed that there only seem to be standards for Bulldog weight, not height, and I've learned that breed standards differ between countries; the AKC says about 50 pounds for male mature dogs, whereas the breed standard according to the Swedish Kennel Club (as well as the British Kennel Club) is 25 kg (55 lbs). I learn a lot every day!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter
    Likes (Received)

Dexter is almost 5 and weighs 43 pounds. I asked the vet one time because I thought he was going to be about 70#. Doc said he was just smaller, but as long as he's healthy then I'm happy!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads