Does your bully look at you intently?

B

Baxter Tiberius

Sometimes when I lay down next to baxter and close my eyes, I'll open them and he's sitting there, inches away, just looking so intently at me.

I almost feel like he's having some seriously deep thoughts at that moment. He continues to just lay there and look at me, even after I close my eyes and try to go to sleep.

Reminds me of those moments when two people sleep, and one just gazes at the other as they lay asleep. Usually having very admirable thoughts, or .... in Baxters case .. maybe bonding ..?

Maybe he's just zoned out and looking at my eyeballs jiggling behind my eyelids LOL

One of my favorite things so far. Something's definitely on his mind.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Mine usually look at me very intently-if it is the usual time that they eat, and I haven't gotten the food out! Or, if they see me change my clothes(for going somewhere) It's usually "the stare" if there is something they want!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He's trying to hypnotize you in giving him food. LOL

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
When I'm lecturing them about something (usually after they've done something very mischievous), they will look at me with an expression of concentration, as if they're understanding me. I'm sure in reality they're thinking, "yadda, yadda, yadda lady, just get me a treat please!" :sneaky2:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He's trying to hypnotize you in giving him food. LOL
:rofl: exactly what I was thinkning... !!!

Actually, Nitschke use to do this and I always wondered what was on his mind... it was just the sweetest thing, at least, it gave me a sweet feeling.

Banks... :rofl: :rofl: yea, NO, she could not even be bothered looking at anything intently, unless it is edible and even then, there is not looking, just eating.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Brie will look at me intently when she wakes up...then proceeds to mush her face into mind, snot on my face, lick me..then will stop and again look intently at me. It's sweet....maybe bonding, but I'm sure she is def concentrating on sending me messages through her beautiful eyes to the effect of...hi mommy, I love you..now get your *** up n feed me ;) lol I do
think they are vet expressive and very loving tho. I'm sure those deep looks really are filled w love.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Lol. Mine do the same thing, makes you wonder what they're thinking. Just another one of their funny quirks that we love.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and notice Stiggy's standing up beside me staring. I found it odd in the beginning but now just give him a kiss. He'll then rest his head on my shoulder or arm, and we both fall back to sleep. Love my little restless sleeper.

Last edited:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Brie will look at me intently when she wakes up...then proceeds to mush her face into mind, snot on my face, lick me..then will stop and again look intently at me. It's sweet....maybe bonding, but I'm sure she is def concentrating on sending me messages through her beautiful eyes to the effect of...hi mommy, I love you..now get your *** up n feed me ;) lol I do
think they are vet expressive and very loving tho. I'm sure those deep looks really are filled w love.

​Lisa, I can't understand WHY we love this stuff...but we do!

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
​Lisa, I can't understand WHY we love this stuff...but we do!

You are Sao right Carol! My day wouldn't be complete w out those things! Lol I love everything about Brie, all the way down to her horrendous gas. It amazes me! Lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.