Dog park today

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Took Holly to the dog park and she had an awesome time as usual. She's very social and has never met a stranger. She found a water/mud pit and simply didn't want to leave! See pics below.

Also, some mut took a swipe at Holly and scratched her head pretty good. Holly didn't really react and was her normal self. Such a sweetheart, Hollys a lover not a fighter! Her scratch isn't too bad and should heal up quickly. :whew::sneaky2:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 138

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Holly looked like she had a blast! And look at that mud pit! Good for you for letting her in, I would've had a cow! lol. After a little tlc, the cut should heal quickly.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I guess she doesn't like water??? LOL I think she found her spot alright.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
There is no way I would let Remi in that mud pit!!! Can you say bathe time?!?!?! That is a pretty awesome dog bark. We can't go to ours because something is always attacking our bully. I think he's too submissive.

OP
HTX Bully

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
We were keeping a sharp eye on her in there but felt ok as we knew it wasn't too deep.

Earlier this year Holly truly found out what water was as she was at this same park, running as fast as she could and went nose first into a similiar mud pitt! I think that Holly thought she could run over it. The wife and I freaked out and started running to her. Hollys head went under water for a sec but she quickly learned how to keep her head above water. She was struggling but paddling furiously and managed to crawl out of the water. We were terrified! I have a video of her swimming and will post it later if I can figure out how.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We were keeping a sharp eye on her in there but felt ok as we knew it wasn't too deep.

Earlier this year Holly truly found out what water was as she was at this same park, running as fast as she could and went nose first into a similiar mud pitt! I think that Holly thought she could run over it. The wife and I freaked out and started running to her. Hollys head went under water for a sec but she quickly learned how to keep her head above water. She was struggling but paddling furiously and managed to crawl out of the water. We were terrified! I have a video of her swimming and will post it later if I can figure out how.

Upload it to youtube and make only available to those tbat have the link and use the little movie film icon to embed it here in your post.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww soo cute, Holly looks like she had a blast. My two wont go anywhere near water, they hate it, they will tolerate and let me bath them, but are definetely not happy about it. They sit in the tub and have the saddest looks on their faces, like they are saying Why are you doing this to me Mom? Lol. Dozer doesn't even like the rain. I also don't go to the dog parks anymore, too many owners who don't control their dogs. My guys are so friendly, and Dozer is very submissive, so he gets bullied a lot. My dogs were at the leash free park last spring, and they had new sweaters on, another dog ripped Blossoms sweater off her and shredded it. The owner disappeared to her car real fast. My dogs either get humped, or they get picked on, and some owners are so ignorant, they don't do anything to stop it, and I end up putting the leashes back on my guys, who didn't do anything. Most of the time they don't bother playing with the other dogs, they are so used to playing with each other. Also a lot of people don't clean up their dogs poops, and my guys will walk in it, or I will, and they always smell after leaving the park. I'm afraid that they might pick up worms or other parasites, you don't know if everyone's dogs are up to date on their vaccines.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Fantastic pictutres.... she looks so happy to be in that mud puddle

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Nice to see another local here! Great pics!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
That is a one happy bully ;-)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.