Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ugh! I've got a humper on my hands.... Or should I say arm or leg or foot....

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Default Ugh! I've got a humper on my hands.... Or should I say arm or leg or foot....

Daisy will not stop humping me. This all started when she went into heat. And its only me. We already have an issue with her thinking she is above me. So is this just a dominance thing? She's been done with her heat for a few weeks now. And how besides hand feeding do I show I'm dominant?

Real Name
    Dana F
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ugh! I've got a humper on my hands.... Or should I say arm or leg or foot....

Stinky started it with me about a month ago. I think it is dominance . I try and stop Stinky before he starts it, and its only me.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ugh! I've got a humper on my hands.... Or should I say arm or leg or foot....

Yes, I understand humping is more of a dominance issue (versus sexual). Maybe a firm NO when she starts humping you. And then just get up and walk away without saying anything to her or looking at her. You don't want to give her attention when she does that. In time, when she sees you leave her when she starts humping you, hopefully she will stop that behavior.

Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Well the thing is is that she does this strong arm gripping thing on whatever body part she geabs. Like no joke. I do no no no and try to walk away. She really does have a strong hold. Like I have bruises on my thighs!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Muffin (nickname: "pig", "my baked good")
    Likes (Received)

I had the same issue with my girl during her first three months with me. I agree with the firm "no" and walk away comment. After that I would try to divert her attention elsewhere. Usually to her nylabone. It gradually happened less and less and she never does it anymore.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Make her work for everything and anything.... hand feeding is good, But if I had'nt mentioned it before... look up 'Nothing in Life is Free' it is a great training tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Alisha Keaton
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lou Ferrigno
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sheena View Post
    Well the thing is is that she does this strong arm gripping thing on whatever body part she geabs. Like no joke. I do no no no and try to walk away. She really does have a strong hold. Like I have bruises on my thighs!

Lou is THE SAME WAY... he rarely humps dad, but me... he gets aggresive and will grip ontop me and just go to town.... and if dad walksin the room he stops until dad leaves again...

if we make lou stop he starts barking and getting getting all rebelious and wont listen.... I'm thinking its cause hes not fixed yet and hes alpha.. but we are getting the 'boys' chopped soon

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Have you tried the water bottle. My son's Chihuahua(ha!ha!) kept doing that-and nothing would stop him. I told him to get a spray bottle and put water in, spray him in the face, when he starts that.. It worked-that is the ONLY thing that little devil will respect!! AND it doesn't hurt them......
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Real Name
    Alisha Keaton
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lou Ferrigno
    Likes (Received)

I have tried the spray bottle, i've tried the 'crunching plastic waterbottle', tried gravel in a can.. they all work for a bit for me but then Lou gets used to it.. hes like invincible!!

Putting him in time out usually helps us with our little brat. or just taking him on walks. we take him on 2-3 short walks a day and it really helps him out, he gets to mark his territory outside and it seems to get his testorone out enough to not need to dominate mom +

it think its all in just finding what works best for each bully... they are truly like children in the sense that they are ALL different in what works and doesnt

Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Ya I've tried the water bottle. She doesnt like it. But its hard carrying it all over the house.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

If the water bottle works-get several cheapies(like the small ones a Walmart) and leave them around the house. Better to stop the behavior(or mis-behavior)
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi, you have already been given excellent advice and suggestions, and it definetely is a dominance thing. My female Blossom never did this, but my male Bulldozer used to hump us, he didn't really have a preference, me, hubby, grandson, lol. But after we had him neutered at 7 months old, he did stop. When he was doing the humping, we just gave a firm NO, and redirected him.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads