Ugh! I've got a humper on my hands.... Or should I say arm or leg or foot....

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Daisy will not stop humping me. This all started when she went into heat. And its only me. We already have an issue with her thinking she is above me. So is this just a dominance thing? She's been done with her heat for a few weeks now. And how besides hand feeding do I show I'm dominant?

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
Stinky started it with me about a month ago. I think it is dominance . I try and stop Stinky before he starts it, and its only me.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Yes, I understand humping is more of a dominance issue (versus sexual). Maybe a firm NO when she starts humping you. And then just get up and walk away without saying anything to her or looking at her. You don't want to give her attention when she does that. In time, when she sees you leave her when she starts humping you, hopefully she will stop that behavior.

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Well the thing is is that she does this strong arm gripping thing on whatever body part she geabs. Like no joke. I do no no no and try to walk away. She really does have a strong hold. Like I have bruises on my thighs!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

KT221

Oct 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Muffin (nickname: "pig", "my baked good")
I had the same issue with my girl during her first three months with me. I agree with the firm "no" and walk away comment. After that I would try to divert her attention elsewhere. Usually to her nylabone. It gradually happened less and less and she never does it anymore.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Make her work for everything and anything.... hand feeding is good, But if I had'nt mentioned it before... look up 'Nothing in Life is Free' it is a great training tool

Alisha

Dec 26, 2013
Alpharetta, GA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lou Ferrigno
Well the thing is is that she does this strong arm gripping thing on whatever body part she geabs. Like no joke. I do no no no and try to walk away. She really does have a strong hold. Like I have bruises on my thighs!

Lou is THE SAME WAY... he rarely humps dad, but me... he gets aggresive and will grip ontop me and just go to town.... and if dad walksin the room he stops until dad leaves again...

if we make lou stop he starts barking and getting getting all rebelious and wont listen.... I'm thinking its cause hes not fixed yet and hes alpha.. but we are getting the 'boys' chopped soon

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Have you tried the water bottle. My son's Chihuahua(ha!ha!) kept doing that-and nothing would stop him. I told him to get a spray bottle and put water in, spray him in the face, when he starts that.. It worked-that is the ONLY thing that little devil will respect!! AND it doesn't hurt them......

Alisha

Dec 26, 2013
Alpharetta, GA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lou Ferrigno
I have tried the spray bottle, i've tried the 'crunching plastic waterbottle', tried gravel in a can.. they all work for a bit for me but then Lou gets used to it.. hes like invincible!!

Putting him in time out usually helps us with our little brat. or just taking him on walks. we take him on 2-3 short walks a day and it really helps him out, he gets to mark his territory outside and it seems to get his testorone out enough to not need to dominate mom :) +

it think its all in just finding what works best for each bully... they are truly like children in the sense that they are ALL different in what works and doesnt :)

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Ya I've tried the water bottle. She doesnt like it. But its hard carrying it all over the house.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If the water bottle works-get several cheapies(like the small ones a Walmart) and leave them around the house. Better to stop the behavior(or mis-behavior)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, you have already been given excellent advice and suggestions, and it definetely is a dominance thing. My female Blossom never did this, but my male Bulldozer used to hump us, he didn't really have a preference, me, hubby, grandson, lol. But after we had him neutered at 7 months old, he did stop. When he was doing the humping, we just gave a firm NO, and redirected him.

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
If the water bottle works-get several cheapies(like the small ones a Walmart) and leave them around the house. Better to stop the behavior(or mis-behavior)

Ya that's a good idea!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online