How much space of a 36 inch crate does a puppy need?

homeriscool

Dec 26, 2013
United Kingdom, Wirral
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo
Hi again, sorry to keep bothering everyone, can anyone tell me how much space on the inside of the crate i should partition off? shoul it be 1/3 or somthing?

dbutler813

Dec 26, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Beefy (Georgia)
The pup should have enough room to stand up turn around and lay down comfortably. This amount of space is a deterrent for using the kennel as a bathroom as well as a bed. And remember the kennel is never a punishment other wise it will be very difficult to get them to go in at their own will.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
The pup should have enough room to stand up turn around and lay down comfortably. This amount of space is a deterrent for using the kennel as a bathroom as well as a bed. And remember the kennel is never a punishment other wise it will be very difficult to get them to go in at their own will.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

And as the puppy grows you can make the crate bigger. I always tell Stinky to "kennel up" and when he goes in he gets a treat. Or at bed time its "nighty nite". He has 2 crates. One in the family room and one in our bedroom.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Yup, it's all relative to the size of the pup. they should have room to lay down and stretch their legs fully, which is a fave position of my 2.

We don't mind these types of questions at all and ask away!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
If you are crate training....just enough room to stand and turn. Once potty trained.....any size. When we first got Orion, I found a small kennel on craigslist of $15.00. Vegas went into it and got stuck. He tried to turn and wedged himself. Luckily....this kennel had 'tackle box' type closures. So he was freed within seconds.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.