wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
when the little guy comes home? obv crate, old food, new food if i am going to start to switch over (which I am), wipes, bed, blanket for the little guy, food bowl and water....i know i must be missing some things...any help would be appreciated...and on a side note my gf thinks this is going to be her personnel american girl doll and wants to dress the guy up (poor guy doesn't know what he is getting himself into), where can i find some clothing for him...we live up in mass and it is already in the teens for temp..lou's for hoodies, anywhere else for jackets or cold or warn weather gear....THANKS IN ADVANCE

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
TOYS!!!!! petsmart has some cute coats and some shirts they also have booties too (which in my opinion are hard to stay on their feet)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
There's also collar/harnesses, leash, poop bags (& poop bag holder) and tons of toys :D.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh yeah, also cornstarch, qtips/cottonballs, nail cutter, salmon oil. (I'm trying to think of what stuff are in Stiggy's 'box')

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
i am just adding to what was already said--
healthy treats for training
old towels or cotton bath rugs for his crate (easy to switch out and wash)
i like diaper rash cream for tail pockets and nose ropes
toys toys toys! if you can find a pet supply warehouse, they will have the best deals.
puppy shampoo
hotdogcollars.com has cute clothes and football jerseys
aquaphor for their noses if they get dry/chapped
peepee pads
i use a water bottle that attaches to butler's crate for his water source. i find it far less messy than a water bowl and i don't have to change the water 3 times a day, also the water stays free of contaminants. it looks like this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

also, a training book to help you train him. i also read "how dogs think" by stanley coven and it was very informative/useful.
oh, and a camera for pictures!!!!:D

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Water bottle is a great one, thanks [MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION] and also the aquaphor, hadnt thought of that for their noses but it is the best for my daughter so I will be using it from now on for Cutty. (Much better than vaseline for sure!) You have most of the main things I think. Toys but not just toys, chew toys!
these double ended varieties are what we have and they last a LONG time and the boys love them.
Amazon.com: Nylabone Double Action Combo Bone Chew Toy, Wolf: Kitchen & Dining

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
I love that the nylabone is in "kitchen and dining" [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION], I use aquaphor for my lips! It is the best.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I love that the nylabone is in "kitchen and dining" [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION], I use aquaphor for my lips! It is the best.

haha I didnt even notice that it was in kitchen and dining. :lol: Your lips even?!? Seriously I know the stuff works wonders for babies but never even tried it for anything else. I will for sure now cuz as good as it is on my daughter I can only imagine what good it is on us and the pups.

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
The one thing I can think of and has not been said.....your taking your baby away from his mom and siblings....call the people and see if they will take an baby blanket (or you take them one) and rub it all over mom and siblings let it stay with them and get all smelly from his mom and sibling.... when you bring your baby home he will have some smells that he knows...it will help him.

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
thanks for the replies, i am compiling a puppies essential list and am going to start buying and checking things off the list in a few weeks

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
One thing I would add is cornstarch for the bully wrinkles. especially since yours has a white face, got to take extra care of them!!

Camera ready is essential. I have mine always ready to go, yes i carry it room to room either still or video you never know when they are going to do something precious and you'll want to share it with us. Well we want you too, lol.

Bear's breeder had him on regular puppy chow, since i had done so much research I knew he could have problems so I got pre-emptive and switched him to a quality food right away. I haven't had any problems with his skin or coat so far.

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
One thing I would add is cornstarch for the bully wrinkles. especially since yours has a white face, got to take extra care of them!!

Camera ready is essential. I have mine always ready to go, yes i carry it room to room either still or video you never know when they are going to do something precious and you'll want to share it with us. Well we want you too, lol.

Bear's breeder had him on regular puppy chow, since i had done so much research I knew he could have problems so I got pre-emptive and switched him to a quality food right away. I haven't had any problems with his skin or coat so far.

I had already planned on starting him on Fromm Gold Puppy ASAP as he is on a crappy food right now. Explain the cornstarch to me...clean the wrinkles and then put cornstarch in there to soak up moisture??

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=925]wfd38383[/MENTION] Yes the cornstarch helps keep the wrinkles dry. I wipe the face off and put cornstarch in and helps keep it clean dry and white, essential with a white face puppy.

When I first got Bear I switched him to Avoderm Puppy and it worked fabulously. I had no real cause to switch him to Fromm except everyone was having such good results and well I got pre-emptive again and switched him and my beagle to the same food. because it was the 4 star surf n turf it can be fed to any age. I think Fromm is a great choice to start him out with. Since the nearest store to me that sells Fromm is like 30 min I just have it on auto delivery with petfooddirect.com

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.