Is Baxter a Victorian Bulldog?

B

Baxter Tiberius

Now three random people have told me Baxter is not an English Bulldog but in fact a Victorian Bulldog.

The breeder says he's just extremely underweight.

He keeps telling me I need to put rice and yogurt in his food because his current food is nothing but protein.

But these people say his legs are way too long to be an english bulldog.

If you look at english bulldogs they have extremely short stubby front legs. Baxter doesn't.

What do you guys think? Here are some puppy images too ...

DISCLAIMER: Mister Grumpy Face was just woken from a 3 hour nap and its pushing 4am right now, thus the miserable mug LOL

IMAGE_48.jpg

IMAGE_51.jpg

IMAGE_49.jpg

And when he was little, and not extremely under weight, same basic shape??

IMAGE_87.png

IMAGE_116.jpeg

IMAGE_121.jpeg

IMAGE_159.jpeg

IMAGE_52.jpg

IMAGE_18.jpg

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nope.... he is an EB, just going through the 'lanky/boxer looking' stage.
Bullies come in all shapes and sizes, Banks has longer legs too, but she is full breed - her an Nitschke were from the same breeder but different sire/damn.

What and how much are you feeding, he does look a little thin in the one photo? You do not want to see ribs, but you want a nice V-shape to the waist

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
With Baxter being sick, they can drop weight like crazy... Even just being sick a few days. Bulldogs are almost unrecognizable as English bulldogs when they are underweight.

Plus he is also going though the lanky stage... At 5 months many bulldogs look like boxers. They don't start getting chesty until they are at around a year old and they continue to widen until they are 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Not sure if its his weight but hes got very long legs or it might be the picture
Is he akc registered?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Listen I also think Baxter is going through his lanky stage. People ask me that all the time as well. I think Brutus is Olde English and I know the bully we just rescued is Victorian Bulldog. But I ask you who really cares. You have a gorgeous baby whom you love immensely. The only way it would really matter is if the breeder tricked you into paying for an English Bulldog. I wouldn't give it too much thought though. Baxter is a very handsome boy.

Susie

Jul 4, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Howie
Baxter is beautiful. My Howie is considered as an Olde English Bulldogge and yes he has longer legs than the normal English Bulldog. He is more athletic which makes him more slimmer with well defined muscles. But overall, an EB is an EB. I wouldn't worry. Your little guy is precious.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
100% EB! Look at Vegas's avatar picture, he has long legs too.

Henry

Feb 10, 2013
NH/MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Definite lanky stage and he looks all EB to me. Don't let what "those people" say about his legs worry you. These little guys grow up so fast. I would just enjoy this stage of Baxter's life and all the others that will come too. In the end, its his health and happiness that count the most. You have a very handsome boy there :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I certainly agree with all the above. Baxter has had a hard go-and has been ill a few times. He has, in the meantime, been growing-so he hasn't been able to put on the weight, he should have. My youngest is 7 mos. and has been looking "long legged!" She is just now starting to "bulk up" some-looking more like an EBD! When Baxter gets the chance to start putting on some weight-you will see the difference. AND if you listen to what "people" say, you will go crazy. Opinions are like A$$ _oles, EVERYBODY HAS ONE!! And it seems the ones with the MOST opinions seem to know the LEAST!! just sayin.....

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Totally EB! VegasR is not a standard looking EB either. Both VegasB (Brindle) and VegasR (Red) are long legged.

I just grabbed a video from my YouTube page......

http://youtu.be/j9WXuElRMnI

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon is long legged too and he two he is now filling out in his chest. He does look a little underweight but other than that he looks absolutely beautiful even with :stinkeye:

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
He looks like a EB to me he's just in that stage he's still a baby he looks great to me cute little baby!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.