Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You don't realize how crazy you are until...

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Default You don't realize how crazy you are until...

I just got off the phone with my mother that lives 2,000 miles away, a great conversation until I started telling her all about Vegas.

I told her of his allergies, the cost of his food, fruit and veggie snacks, the wiping of his face and butt daily, cleaning his ears out with wash, the allergy shots, special antifungal shampoo he has to use, getting his anal glands internally expressed and taking him to have his nails done every 3 weeks.

And then the constantly scrubbing my furniture with soapy clothes to get the slobber off them, windexing my glass coffee table because of either slobber or nose prints underneath from where I eat and he looks up from under the table at me, moping every day because of the drool, water drops, having to wash all his stinky stuffies once a week and his bedding.

By this time she is dying laughing and says "WHY do you want a dog that has that many problems and work??"

I said BECAUSE I LOVE HIM !!!! When I was telling her everything it did sound..... overwhelming and CRAZY, all that has to be done. Doing it everyday is just part of my daily life, I don't think anything of it. Just like getting up everyday taking a shower and brushing my teeth.

Like our Bully's WE are a unique breed of owners!!!(hug)

P.S.And I remembered when I was out running the for last two hours telling her about EBN, and my addiction, how I hurry and get things done so I can get online!! The Secret Santa Paws put her over the edge she was laughing so hard!!!! My mother has MS (Multiple Sclorosis) and it is heaven in my ears to hear her laughing so hard!!!
    Last edited by KMARINO; 12-08-2010 at 04:37 PM.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: You don't realize how crazy you are until...

They are just like our children .. they need constant care, love and attention and to us it is natural to do all these things!!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Yes we are. Totally know what you mean! My brother was telling me how weird he thought I was recently, he's all you really enjoy having to do all that stuff huh? Yeah, yeah I do. I wouldn't trade Samson and everything that he comes with having him for the world Most bully owners must naturally be very nuturing people, you'd have to be. My mom has always told me I am so makes sense that I'd love a breed of dog that requires so much care.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Well, since you put it that way, it does make us sound crazy. But it's such a natural reflex for us to do everything we can for them, that we really don't notice the work. Did you tell her how cuddly they are, how make us laugh every second and how your Vegas, especially, likes to wander around and gets trapped in the bathtub?

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    Well, since you put it that way, it does make us sound crazy. But it's such a natural reflex for us to do everything we can for them, that we really don't notice the work. Did you tell her how cuddly they are, how make us laugh every second and how your Vegas, especially, likes to wander around and gets trapped in the bathtub?
    @savemejeebus, I forgot to tell her the shower incident, she KNOWS how much I love him, I just have not given her an update lately on him. The more I was telling her the harder I was laughing and got her laughing, so It made both our days!!

@TessaAndSamson, I never thought of it that way, I have ALWAYS been a caregiver, whether it be family, friends, animals...Vegas is my empty nest baby, with my kids grown and on their own. I feel like I have a toddler all over again.
    Last edited by KMARINO; 12-08-2010 at 01:31 PM.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

I wonder why sometimes too... Having 2 other dogs (both in the bullie family) that doesn't require anything but baths and nail trimming. Then I think how dull life would be without me laughing at something stupid Norm does. He makes me crazy and happy all at the same time.
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

I occasionally call Gracie a 'Nutcase'. Some times I wonder who the nutcase really is here..

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Brodie
    Likes (Received)

The whole time I am reading your post I am smiling, because we know all the stuff we have to go thru (and want to go thru) for them and we LOVE LOVE doing it. Sometimes people just don't get it and honestly I think THOSE people are the oddly unique ones...we are normal bullie loving humans!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

This is so funny because it is so true!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

@Lacey28, I don't know if it is true for everyone, but it is a day in my life, but after joining this site, I tend to believe it is true for most people than not!!

Real Name
    Lisa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chester
    Likes (Received)

It is so true..the things we do for our bullies yesterday I was trying to see if Chester had a pimple in one of his wrinkles and he DIDN'T like it and sprayed his gland all over my husband who was holding him My husband got up, and washed Chester's butt off FIRST, then changed his clothes.
    It's a Bully thing <3

When the bully was created, it licked the hand of God and God stroked its head, saying, "What do you want, baby bully?" It replied, "My Lord, I want to stay with you, in heaven, on a mat in front of the gate."

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bear
    Likes (Received)

I was going to post something like this today!!! All my conversations lead to my bully. I mean I am dealing with my kitchen ceiling falling because of a leak in my master bath and i start gushing about Bear to the insurance adjuster and even sent her a photo, lol.

I love my EB so much and even my husband says he's never seen me act like this with our dogs (we've had 2 together, bear is the 3rd) I love my Beagle and loved my lab to death. Just something about bullies.

Not to mention the addiction to this board. Glad I'm not the only one who is crazyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads