10 Days After Neautering/Hernia Repair Still Some Concerns

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Well, Rocco has been healing up the past 10 days. His belly looks alot better than a few days ago, still a little red and swollen though. The incision for the neutering shows no reason to be concerned, however. What is bothering me though is his loss of appetite. I woul usually feed him in the morning and at night and he would leave nothing in his bowl. Now, I feel like he has a few bites and walks away and that's it. I heard he would lose his appetitie for a little while but is 10 days too long? Also, he threw up twice this weekend. Once on Saturday and once on Sunday. Both times it looked like just some of his food but that is not like him as I have never seen him throw up before. Am I too paranoid and this is all normal? Or is there something I should be concerned with here. Caroline is going to be in touch with the vet today to voice these cocerns as I am at work.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Matt, it's normal to have a loss of appetite for a few days post surgery due to the anesthetic and pain medications, but not for 10 days, that seems a little long to me. Is he still taking pain medications? Could he have eaten something he shouldn't have? I would have the vet check him out just in case. I hope it's nothing serious, and he feels better soon. Please keep us posted on what the vet says and how he's doing.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would be on the phone with the vet..... anything else out of the norm, water intake, potty?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I definitely would be concerned. Glad you will be notifying the vet. He should be acting like his "old self" by now. Please let us know what the vet says-I would take Rocco in to be seen.

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
I can't help, Matt. Gunny has not had his yet but I hope it is nothing. Tell Rocco his buddy Gunny is sending him high paws.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Matt,
What did the vet have to say about Rocco? Hope things are okay....

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would say something isn't right, as 10 days is a long time not to have an appetite.

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Well, the vet told her that since he is not refusing to eat out right it's not much of a concern but to bring him in if we wanted. To my surprise, when fed in a different bowl, he ate everything. Twice yesterday. He ate his whole breakfast out of his normal bowl today. He did eat a lot out of the ordinary this weekend as everyone was feeding him different things at Caroline's graduation party Saturday night along with him running around with 4 other dogs which I'm thinking could be the culprit in his two throw ups and one happened Saturday night. Caroline seems to think when his collar tag got stuck to his bowl stand last week it freaked him out a bit but at this point he seems to be ok so I'll keep a close eye on him for another few days. His water intake was unchanged before and after surgery and his potty going is back to normal. Behavior is the same as well. He finished the meds last Wednesday also.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well, the vet told her that since he is not refusing to eat out right it's not much of a concern but to bring him in if we wanted. To my surprise, when fed in a different bowl, he ate everything. Twice yesterday. He ate his whole breakfast out of his normal bowl today. He did eat a lot out of the ordinary this weekend as everyone was feeding him different things at Caroline's graduation party Saturday night along with him running around with 4 other dogs which I'm thinking could be the culprit in his two throw ups and one happened Saturday night. Caroline seems to think when his collar tag got stuck to his bowl stand last week it freaked him out a bit but at this point he seems to be ok so I'll keep a close eye on him for another few days. His water intake was unchanged before and after surgery and his potty going is back to normal. Behavior is the same as well. He finished the meds last Wednesday also.

:whew:... good to hear he is getting back to normal!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
So thankful that he is feeling better. Yes, I can certainly guess that his' catching his tag on his bowl would "freak" him out-being a Bullie-so that he would not want to go near it!ha!ha! Poor fella'! He must have gotten overloaded on "junk" food at the party! Gotta' watch those party animals!!! (Human and Fur!!):cheers2:

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
So thankful that he is feeling better. Yes, I can certainly guess that his' catching his tag on his bowl would "freak" him out-being a Bullie-so that he would not want to go near it!ha!ha! Poor fella'! He must have gotten overloaded on "junk" food at the party! Gotta' watch those party animals!!! (Human and Fur!!):cheers2:

You're right. I didn't admit this earlier but he almost had a whole roast of lamb when he was naughty and put his front legs up on the table to steal food off of it. He took a nice bite out of it. I was very embarrassed lol

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
This may sound to familiar but Loki loves his food at about 7 months we ran across loki not wanting to eat all his food we did that same thing and changed his bowl he has been all of it since.

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
I am glad Rocco is doing better.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Id be embarrassed too! Really happy to hear he's getting back to normal.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
You're right. I didn't admit this earlier but he almost had a whole roast of lamb when he was naughty and put his front legs up on the table to steal food off of it. He took a nice bite out of it. I was very embarrassed lol

:yes:don't ya' know ALL kids live to embarrass their parents! Doesn't matter-fur or skin!!! Glad he's okay!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.