ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
We were invited to my cousin's Christmas party yesterday afternoon and were told to bring Mabel. Everyone loved her. For the first time ever she didn't get over excited with the number of people there and was quite the hit. As we were leaving one of the guests let Mabel into the room where my cousin's two dogs were hanging--a pittie mix and a lab mix. Big mistake. I walked into the room just in time to see my usually sweet little girl go after the very gentle and much larger pittie. I heard a bark from the pit as she tried to get away from Mabel. I grabbed her harness and pulled her out of the room and closed the door. She was glued to the door and ready to finish what she started. This guest had been told (as all of them had) that Mabel does not like other dogs. He thought I was kidding. He said, as he opened the door, "Oh, it will be OK." I couldn't get there fast enough to stop him. What an idiot. My cousin and his wife LOVE Mabel and kept apologizing. Miss Mabes sure knows how to liven things up and make a memorable exit. :eek:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
That's so nice that your cousin invited Mabel to the party! Sounds like she had a great time and of course, got lots of attention :)

The incident with the other dogs...entirely the fault of the person who allowed her in the room where the dogs were. Why would he think you were "kidding" about such a thing?! must not have experience/knowledge about dogs, i'm guessing(?) In any case, sounded like a fun time with a little excitement thrown in there too!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
what a way to liven things up!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
EEK! why do people not listen when to tell them something about YOUR dog!!! UGH!

Glad all was OK and Mabel was still the hit of the party!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So glad you were there close, that could have been bad, and the guy who didn't listen, what an idiot!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's nice she was invited and of course was the star of attention! and you have great timing to walk in there before it got all grinch like!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So glad you were there close, that could have been bad, and the guy who didn't listen, what an idiot!

Why are some people such IDIOTS???!!!! The party could have had a VERY sad ending. It was pure luck that you were nearby. I couldn't have held my tongue with that fool! Someone should have bitten him!!!! (but he would be the type to sue......)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
People!!! So grateful it didn't get serious as you were able to stop
it in time :) I so love that the ole girl still is full of pi$$ & vinegar AND
can back it up! LOL LOL LOL I love Mabel! And you too ;)

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
That is awesome Mabel got an invite! She must have thought the party was lame and it needed a little action. :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Glad Mabel had a good time and didn't get overly excited. That's a big step. Too bad the cousin didn't believe you. That's a bad situation enough just to bring an unknown dog into a closed room where the other two were. Glad everyone was ok and I hope cousin learned a lesson that not all dogs like others. I would have felt pretty bad too had it been me that made a bonehead decision. Oops.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.