brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
We have s friend that rehabilitates pit bulls that were used as bait dogs for fighting dogs so after Christmas she is going to come and help us

I am also doing what vikinggirl suggested. The crates are covered and I'm different rooms frankie gets 30 mins out while brutus is covered and then I switch and each dog gets a chance to get used to the smell of the other and when brutus stops smelling frantically he us ready did re introduction. Does this sound good to you? Or do you have any other suggestions? I have frankie in the breakfast room kitchen and little hallway right now because he is marking all over the house when he was loose.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hey Rosalie, just now seeing this… Frankie is adorable!!! I agree w/everyone else give it time… I hope that your friend can help you out w/the training. Keep us posted!

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey Rosalie, just now seeing this… Frankie is adorable!!! I agree w/everyone else give it time… I hope that your friend can help you out w/the training. Keep us posted!
Thanks tracey he is such a good boy

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am also doing what vikinggirl suggested. The crates are covered and I'm different rooms frankie gets 30 mins out while brutus is covered and then I switch and each dog gets a chance to get used to the smell of the other and when brutus stops smelling frantically he us ready did re introduction. Does this sound good to you? Or do you have any other suggestions? I have frankie in the breakfast room kitchen and little hallway right now because he is marking all over the house when he was loose.

I have heard of doing the crate thing, but not covered.... if it is working go with it. Until he stops marking keep him crated or in an area you can easily clean up

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm hoping Brutus is just reacting to the excitement of it all, maybe after a few days things will settle down (including his stomach). If it doesn't work out, that's okay too, only time will tell. :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So far today brutus seems a little more relaxed. He has not eaten yet but I will put yogurt in it and hopefully that will work.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Yeap. They love to mark their territory; keep a watchful eye over him, he will calm down. It will take a little time but he will calm down. He is beautiful, enjoy the time off. Good luck!!

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok so this is hard for me to admit because I love brutus so much but I really think the trainer must concentrate on him because he is a gigantic brat. He is really acting out today not listening to me and being a nudge to my other doggies. I think he may need an attitude adjustment. :eek:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Rosalie,
Sorry you are having difficulty getting the dogs together. I think it will be okay-just need more time. Brutus' crown is "out of joint"-maybe he was "the king" of the house, and is worried about his position!

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosalie,
Sorry you are having difficulty getting the dogs together. I think it will be okay-just need more time. Brutus' crown is "out of joint"-maybe he was "the king" of the house, and is worried about his position!

Oh that is for sure. He is being naughty today. I am really trying to assure him is still my baby. I know we can work it out, it is just going to be a long road. But anything worth having is worth the work right?? Just remind me I said that every now and than.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Rosalie, I know your pain. When Punkin joined our small family, we had a heck of a time trying to convince Stiggy to stop moping and that he's still loved. We thought it was going to be Punkin who needed to be watched since he wasn't socialized much, and Stiggy went to daycare at least once a week since he was a 5 months old, but we were so wrong ... we had to watch what Stiggy like a hawk because he would pick on poor Punks! It stressed out my bf and I too because we really wanted them to get along and we were rookies on the whole introducing another to the pack. After a couple of weeks though, it got better considerably. And eventually, maybe after a month or maybe two, we trusted them alone together when no one was home. Now they both know each others' quirks and personalities and work together sometimes to trick us into getting their way! lol.

I say wait for another week and see how they do. They're all getting to know each still. We tried to make them work with each other by playing tug, and walking together and side by side as often as we could. Then one day you'll realize that they're playing instead of fighting.

Last edited:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I must add that they were more than a few times when we were thinking of giving Punks to rescue (he came from a friend's friend), seeing Stiggy looked as if he was in such turmoil. (Makes me feel guilty thinking about those moments since Punkin's such an angel.) And then one day we just accepted and realized that he's already part of the family and we're never giving him up.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I must add that they were more than a few times when we were thinking of giving Punks to rescue (he came from a friend's friend), seeing Stiggy looked as if he was in such turmoil. (Makes me feel guilty thinking about those moments since Punkin's such an angel.) And then one day we just accepted and realized that he's already part of the family and we're never giving him up.
Well I am happy to report that last night Brutus took his bone and pushed it through the gate and Frankie took it licked it and then pushed it back!! Now when Brutus goes to the gate his tail is wagging. I am not ready to put them together because I want to wreck any progress. I am going to continue to walk them together but I am glad we were not quick to give him up because he is such a sweetie and I think they really do have a chance to love each other. Thank you to everyone for telling me it was too soon. I think we completely panicked. You guys are the best. My husband Gary is even asking me know "what do your EBN friends say about..."

Henry

Feb 10, 2013
NH/MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Well I am happy to report that last night Brutus took his bone and pushed it through the gate and Frankie took it licked it and then pushed it back!! Now when Brutus goes to the gate his tail is wagging. I am not ready to put them together because I want to wreck any progress. I am going to continue to walk them together but I am glad we were not quick to give him up because he is such a sweetie and I think they really do have a chance to love each other. Thank you to everyone for telling me it was too soon. I think we completely panicked. You guys are the best. My husband Gary is even asking me know "what do your EBN friends say about..."

That's fantastic! :victory:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
That is a good sign. Sounds like it may work out--just give Brutus time, and he will come around! Happy!

Members online

No members online now.