brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Maybe. I'm afraid to try. Brutus really loves other dogs. I guess just not in his house. Frankie is a great dog with wonderful manners and will make a family very happy. I guess we were only meant to be a brief stop on his way to his permanent home. The family he was with had to have him out of the house by today so at least he got to come here and play with us instead of having to go to the rescue. And hopefully he can go right into his new home.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Rosalie...and now you know, your Brutus needs to be an only dog.
It's GOOD to know things :)

No judgement...you tried! Frankie will find his home and you helped out.

It's all good Hun...Cami & I send love to poor BruBru & Y'all.

Over the loudspeaker... "Piss cleanup on Rosalie's aisle!"

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I called the rescue and they said to restrict his house access. So he is gated in the kitchen. He is not marking I'm there. We are all spending time with him and he is calming down. They also said if he is extremely stressed he will mark. The less he marks the more access he gets. I am also doing the smell thing with taking turns with each dog in a covered crate for a bit and letting the other get used to the dogs smell in the house. Frankie obviously gets less freedom than brutus at this point but it is helping Settle anyway being in his crate. Guess whos staying home from work tomorrow.

Good plan! :up:

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
One of my foster was peeing everywhere -we later found out if wasn't marking it was from excitement
Some dogs even friendly ones love house for themselves ,i know it could work out in time but you dont want traumatise Brutus xxx At least you tried ,and sadly it wasnt meant to be xxx

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
You get an 'A' for effort. You are doing everything you can do. I know this has to be hard for you.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:*(Well everyone it looks like we will only be a temporary foster for Frankie. Brutus is totally traumatized. He is not eating and he is vomiting tonight. I am sad that Frankie will not be a permanent part of our family but my first and foremost responsibilty is Brutus.

it takes some time for all to settle in.... only been a day or two, right?

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
it takes some time for all to settle in.... only been a day or two, right?

Yes I'm just afraid he will continue to make brutus so upset. Do you think he will settle down? He was not eating and vomiting last night

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes I'm just afraid he will continue to make brutus so upset. Do you think he will settle down? He was not eating and vomiting last night

You also need to settle in for Brutus to be accepting -- he senses you are on edge and he will be impacted by it. I know the rain is messy, but if you can get them out for walks together.... you with Bru and someone else with Frankie (dogs are on outter sde of each human... humans between the dogs)... 10 mins... down the block and back a couple times a day, it is a great way for them to pack up. Also, when entering the home, make sure humans first, whomever you deem alpha ... then Brutus, then human and then Frankie - it is awkward but means a lot

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You also need to settle in for Brutus to be accepting -- he senses you are on edge and he will be impacted by it. I know the rain is messy, but if you can get them out for walks together.... you with Bru and someone else with Frankie (dogs are on outter sde of each human... humans between the dogs)... 10 mins... down the block and back a couple times a day, it is a great way for them to pack up. Also, when entering the home, make sure humans first, whomever you deem alpha ... then Brutus, then human and then Frankie - it is awkward but means a lot
We did this yesterday all day. Brutus will bark and growl and try to bite him. I thought maybe let them get used to each other in the yard so We Sat outside with them and brutus did the same thing. When we are not at the house Brutus is perfectly happy. They walk great together.

Last edited:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We did this yesterday all day. Brutus will bark and growl and try to bite him. I thought maybe let them get used to each other in the yard so We Sat outside with them and brutus did the same thing. When we are not at the house Brutus is perfectly happy. They walk great together.

It took us a full week for Banks to accept Cheli inthe house... she is very dominate and she was not happy about sharing her home with him. The time it takes him to accept another dog in the house behind him will depend on your patience and leadership strength.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It took us a full week for Banks to accept Cheli inthe house... she is very dominate and she was not happy about sharing her home with him. The time it takes him to accept another dog in the house behind him will depend on your patience and leadership strength.
Ok I think we will try maybe I can get a trainer in here to help. I really like Frankie he is a beautifully mannered dog and would love to have him.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok I think we will try maybe I can get a trainer in here to help. I really like Frankie he is a beautifully mannered dog and would love to have him.

Does the rescue have a trainer involved to come help with the transition? It is easy for me to write words to help you, but it would be more beneficial to you to have someone show you what/ how to address

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Does the rescue have a trainer involved to come help with the transition? It is easy for me to write words to help you, but it would be more beneficial to you to have someone show you what/ how to address

We have s friend that rehabilitates pit bulls that were used as bait dogs for fighting dogs so after Christmas she is going to come and help us

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We have s friend that rehabilitates pit bulls that were used as bait dogs for fighting dogs so after Christmas she is going to come and help us

FANTASTIC... keep doing what you are doing... seperate in the house, if it is better and the more relaxed you get the better Brutus will be.
Seriously, Banks tried to EAT Cheli a few times that first week, we had to keep her on lead and watch all her body movements and non-movement to make sure she knew he was staying and was now part of the pack

Members online

No members online now.