Thread: Help

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    Right now I have them seperated. Do you not suggest I do this? Brutus looks like he wants to kill him.

Oh gosh no, I would definitely, keep them separated. And when not separated they both need to be kept harnessed at all times. If they get into a fight you want to be able to pull them off safely. I went through almost an entire year of Jack and Wilson fighting, it was horrid and we were always on pins & needles. They’re much better but it was hard getting through it. Wilson has a drive too. He’s loves other dogs but if put in the wrong situation, excitement of any kind, he will attack Jack and Wilson has the drive to not stop fighting. Emma didn’t have that look like she actually wanted to kill them. She did jump Harlow from behind when Harlow wasn’t even looking. I yanked her off before it went any further than a fight. Brutus is going to keep testing Frankie for dominance. Keep walking, and keep working with them both, Frankie included.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Oh gosh no, I would definitely, keep them separated. And when not separated they both need to be kept harnessed at all times. If they get into a fight you want to be able to pull them off safely. I went through almost an entire year of Jack and Wilson fighting, it was horrid and we were always on pins & needles. They’re much better but it was hard getting through it. Wilson has a drive too. He’s loves other dogs but if put in the wrong situation, excitement of any kind, he will attack Jack and Wilson has the drive to not stop fighting. Emma didn’t have that look like she actually wanted to kill them. She did jump Harlow from behind when Harlow wasn’t even looking. I yanked her off before it went any further than a fight. Brutus is going to keep testing Frankie for dominance. Keep walking, and keep working with them both, Frankie included.
    Brutus would all of a sudden lunge growling and barking and trying to nip his legs. I Do have them both harnessed. Brutus is now getting curious and will go up to frankies crate with his tail wagging the whole time so maybe that is s good sign
    My smooshy face boy!

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Remember that tail wagging isn't always a friendly sign. Do you have Frankie's crate in the middle of the room or is it against the wall? If you can put it in the middle somewhere do that. That was how we introduced Sally and I gave them room to completely check them out. Seem to work really well. Brutus sounds a little bit like Emma was. The lunging in the growling and the barking. It's very important, and I'm sure you're doing this already, 2E immediately let Brutus know that that is not acceptable. You could give them a firm no, or if you're able to submit him, you can do that as well. I did a combination of both with Emma.

I'm glad there harnessed. There were times that we on harness them because we thought they were doing okay, then all of a sudden Jack and Wilson would get into another fight for reason S me just talking the neighbor when I got home from work and then be an outside and just being excited.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads