Bulldog folds and food

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
So was wondering if there is a special way too clean out the folds around his nose?
Also I been feeding him this none grain food called Canidae life stage dog food. Someone said that I should be feeding him this Royal canin Bulldog food I think the Canidae is the best. What do you guys feed yours?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You can use unscented baby wipes, then a dry cloth. Or you can use witch hazel, gold bond powder to dry folds. Don't "puff" the powder-you don't want it in his eyes, or lungs. There is also something called duoxo pads. Many bulldogs are sensitive to foods. Check out the food articles on EBN. If he is doing well on what you feed, I wouldn't mess with it, because it may cause upsets. I feed mine, Taste of the Wild, which is grain-free, as my Frenchie has allergies to the grain-so they all eat it. There are others on here, who will certainly have more suggestions.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
No to Royal Canin, Yes to what your feeding, Thumbs Up to Grain Free!

At Walmart, CVS, Walgreen's, etc you can buy store brand versions of
Tucks~premoistened pads for hemmoroids but solution works great to
clean nose rope, wrinkles & around & under tail (make sure to clean the
tail pocket, can be deep). No need to dry afterwards as it evaporates or
powder either. Neat, effective & easy!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Thanks, Carol! I didn't know about Tucks. i am going to try that myself!

OP
satch1151

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
That is awesome about the pads
I thought that the grain free was the best. Just because it says made for bulldogs did not mean it really is.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
That is awesome about the pads
I thought that the grain free was the best. Just because it says made for bulldogs did not mean it really is.

Before I found EBN and looking to put my newly adopted bully on a better food
(he was on Iams), I went to PetsMart and asked for a bulldog food. They gave
me a kibble w/a bully pic on the front & info about being formulated for bulldogs.
IT was awful and poor Brutus reacted horribly, once I educated myself, it was
everything NOT GOOD for our bullies. Ugh, so much is just marketing i.e. lies!

On the top bar, go to Forum and scroll down to the different sections you are
interested in, there are tons of great articles that go into great detail about all
your questions. Read, read, read...and learn, my new friend~GOD bless!

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Finding the right food can be tough and require a trial and error period. I just recently found out that Fromms four star works best in keeping my white EB folds from turning red. But all dogs are different. The only reason I switched to Fromms is because I realized curly had a salmon allergy because he started licking his paws after I switched his protein to salmon

I only use baby wipe, though I have duoxo pads at hand just in case. Curly is in his pimple phase right now and the duoxo pad helps clear up the chin acne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
satch1151

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
What's the price if I can ask also which flavor? I am using lamb and I am paying 13.99 for a 5.5 lb bag I think.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Stay with the Canidae.... RC is not that great of a food. also, I use witch hazel on folds and ears for cleaning ... also EBN gets discount / free shipping with Petflow.com

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Great advice on the nose wrinkle, one thing I do when cleanjng the nose rope is I push the skin up on the forehead, that really opens up the fold on the nose so you can get a good view of what's going on in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

triplej

Sep 22, 2013
Ky. Near Natural Bridge state park.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullett, Salley, Kelsey and Kate
What's the price if I can ask also which flavor? I am using lamb and I am paying 13.99 for a 5.5 lb bag I think.

I use all life stages 44 lb bag 52.99 placed on my porch. I checked with local pet store the guy said that it would take couple days, they would have to order and the price somewhere around 67.00. I just said thank-u and ordered couple of bags. Chewy even sent me a thank-u card.

OP
satch1151

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
Ya mine is life stages lamb flavor. I am thinking of feeding all my dogs that to save on the trying to keep the other good from him.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I use Wellness Core Ocean and homemade food for Amber and Ruby. I do struggle with tear stains on Ruby and it doesn't matter what I feed her. Strictly homemade food for several months and she had tear stains, Wellness Core Ocean and she has tear stains; I suspect it is because she likes to drink water from the Kio pond and anywhere else. What I have noticed is since I started feeding them Wellness Core Ocean neither of them has to have a bath very often. They get spruced up with the lemon and lavender homemade spray but neither of them have had to have a bath in a long time and neither of them smells at all. No yeast build up in the tail pockets, no smelly wrinkles, ears are pink and clean, paws look great, fur is shining like glass, very little shedding except for the seasonal shedding, so far Wellness Core Ocean is doing a good job for my two. I spruce them up with the lemon and lavender just because I like the smell of the lemon and lavender on them. Good luck!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online