Belly button hernia not healing right

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
Jenna's incision from her spay looked liked that....i took her to the vet and they said it would be fine just to clean it with warm water & then hold a warm compress on it a few times a day...i still worried but it worked

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
I am glad to hear the vet thought it looked normal. Gunny is having his hernia repaired too and this is good info for me.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I know that your boys are too old for this, now, but when my son, AND two of my pups(not at the same time) were young babies, I put a quarter on the hernia, and wrapped "vet wrap" around them, and every few days checked it, and after awhile, the hernia's closed up. My son was born with two hernia's, and needed surgery for the one, but the belly button closed up! The pup's belly button hernia's also closed up. Of course-they were confirmed by the vet.(yeah, my son had an M.D.) This would need to be done by 8 wks w/pups, if hernia is no bigger than a nickel.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well he went to the vet today. The vet looked at it and said it looks good. He said it's normal to look how it does and the bump Will go down over time as it heals. He said it looks like it could be rubbing like when he lays down and stuff. The vet recommended no antibiotics yet. He said the stitches were left a tiny bit loose on the outside because of his breed? But he thinks there is nothing to worry about. So although a bit relieved I'm still in disbelief because I would have thought we'd get antibiotics by now. I'm gonna wait it out a few more days and see what it looks like this weekend, a week after surgery

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

no antibiotics? really? Every time my pups had any surgery, antibiotics are given for a couple of days as a precaution... keep us posted Matt!

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
no antibiotics? really? Every time my pups had any surgery, antibiotics are given for a couple of days as a precaution... keep us posted Matt!

That's what I had assumed as well! I was only given a pain medicine. I forget the name of it off hand though

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That's what I had assumed as well! I was only given a pain medicine. I forget the name of it off hand though

Probably Tramadol

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm happy you took him in, I would have done the same. I hope the redness goes away.

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Riggins had the same thing. He had his fixed when he was neutered as well. He heal up nicely and now you cannot even see his scar unless you knew it was there. He had the surgery about 3 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online