Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Baby T Rocks

Okay @jillh10 I have a suggestion.... depending on how many rocks you have.

I too, am having a problem with Jesse eating rocks and dirt. I see it in her and twice I have woken up to a pile of rock vomit in her bed. Luckily our gravel is quite small, but the same as you I don't know why she is eating them!

Yuna will eat and swallow anything and everything. She scares me. So I was talking to @Lindathedogsmaid and she suggested using clove oil on things you don't want her to chew on. So my question is, how many rocks do you have in the yard? Is it like mine, where the whole backyard is graveled or do you just have areas with gravel/rocks? I was thinking maybe you could put clove oil in a spray bottle with water and spray the area. You must also put one drop of the oil on the lips of the dog so they learn to hate it. This is something linda suggests for my problem with Yuna, because I would really like to get her a nice durable bed. Right now she has none because she will eat it up and swallow it. Remember the photos? I tried giving her a blanket last week when we got that cold spell and found it shredded the next morning! As for Jesse's facination with the gravel I am not too worried because our gravel is small.... but if it was larger I would be concerned.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Okay @jillh10 I have a suggestion.... depending on how many rocks you have.

I too, am having a problem with Jesse eating rocks and dirt. I see it in her and twice I have woken up to a pile of rock vomit in her bed. Luckily our gravel is quite small, but the same as you I don't know why she is eating them!

Yuna will eat and swallow anything and everything. She scares me. So I was talking to @Lindathedogsmaid and she suggested using clove oil on things you don't want her to chew on. So my question is, how many rocks do you have in the yard? Is it like mine, where the whole backyard is graveled or do you just have areas with gravel/rocks? I was thinking maybe you could put clove oil in a spray bottle with water and spray the area. You must also put one drop of the oil on the lips of the dog so they learn to hate it. This is something linda suggests for my problem with Yuna, because I would really like to get her a nice durable bed. Right now she has none because she will eat it up and swallow it. Remember the photos? I tried giving her a blanket last week when we got that cold spell and found it shredded the next morning! As for Jesse's facination with the gravel I am not too worried because our gravel is small.... but if it was larger I would be concerned.
    I have an area of rocks but Truman seems to eat them from one section only so maybe I will try spraying them with the clove oil and water mixture. My gravel is not too big but Truman sounds almost like Yuna in that he eats EVERYTHING - rocks, towels, bird poop, feathers, leaves - whatever he can get his mouth on! I would like to try to curb this undesirable behavior starting with rocks! Thanks for the suggestion. Have you tried it yet? Did it work?

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

What about vinegar? Can you spray the rocks with that? Or if it's not too tacky, maybe fencing the area off with decorative fencing.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I tried it years ago. She actually gave me some when we were in Washington (back in '02) and I accidently put the oil all over the RV, (Sarah was chewing my walls) toward the baseboards and then our house smelled like cloves for months. Well, our RV, not our house. But that was our house when we traveled! Yes, it worked. I was thinking of water+spray bottle just to spread it better.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Oh wow! Thank goodness Silva doesnt eat rocks but she loves sand! What did the Vet say?
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

We have a resident rabbit that loves when Lari puts her annuals in each spring... bunny buffet!
    We fixed that by mixing up tobasco with water in a spray bottle and sprayed the flower beds. Might just work unless he is like @KMARINO 's weirdo.. LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads