ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Winston will run after the ball, he just LOVES that… but he just stands there w/it in his mouth!!! I have to FETCH it out of his mouth… LOL

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Yes Ace love to play fetch and he will bring it back, but getting it out of his jaws is a different story.
Usually when he bring it back it then turns into tug of war and I have tried commands such as leave it, give it to me and etc but mostly with meager results.
I have found one way while in the yard to get the ball back when he brings it and that's by holding onto the ball and sticking a pine straw up his butt, he then releases the ball for me to throw again. I don't actually stick the straw up his butt but just feign it and that's usually enough for him to release

Last edited:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus loves fetch and will play for hours, usually we have to tell him no more. He did the tug of war thing and we did not like it so we taught him to drop it. If he doesn't we ignore him until he does, which is usually pretty quick because he hates for us to ignore him. Sometimes he gets so ridiculous with fetch we hide his toys at night and only give him his nylar bones, otherwise we never get to relax.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
NO...........BUT I do!!!! outside I will throw a ball, he will watch........look at me like Im an idiot, I go pick it up, I throw it again, .......again he will look at me like "ummm nope not going to get it" and I go get it again......Vegas has me trained well :eek:

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Aubie loves to chase toys and balls... then bring them near and run every time you get close. Fetch quickly turns into keep away and chase the bulldog, ha.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Lol. No they don't fetch. Bulldozer doesn't even like to walk, so fetching would be really far fetched. Lol. Blossom will chase the ball and then lay on it and chew and play with it, then Dozer will go over to her and they will both try and get ownership of the ball. If they have something bigger or a tug of war toy, then they love a tug of war game.

ltpyro

Jul 9, 2013
Anaheim, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinnamon and Pepper
Fetch as in chase after it but never bring it back? Yes, Stiggy mastered that trick! :giggle:

This is it exactly!!! If my girls decide to do anything with the ball after they have, they play keep away with eachother and leave me out of the game lol.

BeeGee

Apr 26, 2013
Bryan, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lula Belle & Big Chief
Belle will play fetch and keep away for hours! When she exhausts herself she just lays down on top of it so I can't throw it anymore. She's also pretty good with the Frisbee- even catches it in the air sometimes which amazes me (that's a lot of lift!)

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
No. When I throw a ball, he looks at me like I'm crazy. Or just gets it and runs the other way lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Emma and Wilson both do. But especially Emma. She is very ball obsessed. Not only will she fetch it in rocket speed and bring it back, she also nudges it to you if it's not close enough. We play fetch every morning just about when I'm getting read for work. Wilson, he will fetch and and return the ball too but he likes to place it on me so he can chew on it.

Gordosmom1212

Aug 11, 2013
Pflugerville, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnum (EB), Delta (EB), Gracie (EB), Zoey (FB), Pebbles (FB), Prada (FB)
Ummmm. Gordo will fetch bring it back to me but when he comes towards me he tricks me!!!!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online