HELP! Info please ?

Brelalonde

Oct 16, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley/bailee
I just noticed bentley toes , he doesn't seem to be in any pain and will let me touch them .. I've heard of cyst , is this what it could be ? Doesn't anyone else's english bulldog have this ? Is it serious ?
ejygupy3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That's what it looks like to me, you can try soaking in Epson Salt, or put some Neosporin on it. they are usually allergy related. We had a female that got them and we changed her food and that stopped them.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
It does look like a interdigital cyst, and you can soak his paw in either Epsom salts, or warm water and apple cider vinegar.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yep looks like it's just starting up with it so you caught it early before it gets bad.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
It's an interdigital cyst (or correctly known as an "Interdigital Furuncle"). After Sally got hers earlier this year, I did some research on them and put this article together on them. It has a bunch of information in it. One mistake I made when treating hers was stopping too soon before it was fully healed. It came back with vengeance and just took more time to treat it for it heal completely. She hasn't gotten another once since. My thread on Sally that [MENTION=8699]Casper[/MENTION] posted as some very good information too. Overall, they're simple to treat they just take time if they rupture which Sally's did.

Interdigital Furuncle / Interdigital Cyst

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agreed --- cysts

JoeR53

Jul 24, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Blu Lily Gemma
What are you feeding Bentley? We had problems with cysts on both of our kids. We switched to grain and soy free food and the cysts stopped. I really don't think it is a coincidence, we switched to Blue Buffalo Basic, that seemed to help a lot, but we were still using Alpo canned food on the dry food and we would still occasionally get a cyst, I finally read the Alpo can and they listed wheat gluten, soy and corn on the label. We stopped using the canned food and now put carrots and boiled eggs on their food. Since we eliminated all the wheat, corn, soy products, no cysts.

OP
Brelalonde

Brelalonde

Oct 16, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley/bailee
Thanks everyone , started soaking in Epsom salt .. And I don't think it's food related he's been on blue buffalo for a year now and this is the first he's had anything . Hopefully It clears up fast!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online