Hurt leg

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
So... My Tipsy did something to her left rear leg and started limping about a week ago. I was terrified and took her in to the pet ER. The X-rays showed a bit of inflammation around her knees. They put her on anti-inflammatory and pain meds. She is done with those now and even though she still shows signs of weakness on that leg, she is putting weight on it and walking ok, she is now walking tipsy, bad joke. She was also put on bed rest. So she didn't do doggy camp and stayed home all week. I am taking her in to the vet again this week to have her checked again. They said if she doesn't improve, surgery may an option.

My question, anyone has similar experience? Other question is how do I keep her entertained with out her running around. She is a VERY active bulldog and it's been driving her crazy to stay home and not be allowed to run around.

Any advice to ease my mind would be appreciated!!! Thanks.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
This happened to Buster and he was given the same diagnosis, it healed up pretty quick just after I took him in. It's almost impossible to keep them down, they are very head strong! I hope Tipsy feels better very soon.

OP
kev122573

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
This happened to Buster and he was given the same diagnosis, it healed up pretty quick just after I took him in. It's almost impossible to keep them down, they are very head strong! I hope Tipsy feels better very soon.

Can I ask how long it took to heal up? I know I had read it could take up to 2 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I would wait a bit to see if it clears up on its own. I know a few pups on here have had similar symptoms, limping with no apparent injury. It seems to resolve on its own with rest.

Harleyleeotis12321

Jul 26, 2013
Buffalo Grove, IL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley Lee Otis Davidson Eckert
Harley did this a few weeks ago, could not stand, swaying on back legs and limping.....he had been putting alot of pressure on them when he had his tail infection and wouldnt move! Soo I just kept an eye on him and by the 4th day he was recouping, he was soo stiff to. I got him the CoseQuin DS Plus ONLINE at COSTCO same as the vet but much much cheaper! 2, 180 ct for $80.00! The vet was 140.00 for 1 bottle! It really seems to be helping.

OP
kev122573

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
Harley did this a few weeks ago, could not stand, swaying on back legs and limping.....he had been putting alot of pressure on them when he had his tail infection and wouldnt move! Soo I just kept an eye on him and by the 4th day he was recouping, he was soo stiff to. I got him the CoseQuin DS Plus ONLINE at COSTCO same as the vet but much much cheaper! 2, 180 ct for $80.00! The vet was 140.00 for 1 bottle! It really seems to be helping.

I got her those, she won't eat them. She is as picky as I am. I even broke into small pieces and put with her dried food but she pushed them aside...LOL.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww. Poor Tipsy, sorry I don't have any experience with this, but just wanted to say you already got some great advice from others, and I hope she feels better soon, hopefully the medication will help her. Sending love, hugs and prayers to you and Tipsy. Please keep us posted on how she's doing.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I got her those, she won't eat them. She is as picky as I am. I even broke into small pieces and put with her dried food but she pushed them aside...LOL.

wrapp it in vanilla ice cream... never fails

OP
kev122573

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
Thank you all for your advice. She drives me crazy but she's my priority and her happiness is paramount. I'll keep you all updated, now to find something for her to do while I am gone. At least she has DogTV

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
How old is she? Mimi had issues because she was growing to fast. At about 6 months. Bad doctor said operate. Good doctor had us cut her food in half and she was better in a couple days. Kept her lean the rest of her 11 year life and she never had the issue again.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.