Thread: Hurt leg

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tipsy
    Likes (Received)

Default Hurt leg

So... My Tipsy did something to her left rear leg and started limping about a week ago. I was terrified and took her in to the pet ER. The X-rays showed a bit of inflammation around her knees. They put her on anti-inflammatory and pain meds. She is done with those now and even though she still shows signs of weakness on that leg, she is putting weight on it and walking ok, she is now walking tipsy, bad joke. She was also put on bed rest. So she didn't do doggy camp and stayed home all week. I am taking her in to the vet again this week to have her checked again. They said if she doesn't improve, surgery may an option.

My question, anyone has similar experience? Other question is how do I keep her entertained with out her running around. She is a VERY active bulldog and it's been driving her crazy to stay home and not be allowed to run around.

Any advice to ease my mind would be appreciated!!! Thanks.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hurt leg

This happened to Buster and he was given the same diagnosis, it healed up pretty quick just after I took him in. It's almost impossible to keep them down, they are very head strong! I hope Tipsy feels better very soon.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tipsy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    This happened to Buster and he was given the same diagnosis, it healed up pretty quick just after I took him in. It's almost impossible to keep them down, they are very head strong! I hope Tipsy feels better very soon.
    Can I ask how long it took to heal up? I know I had read it could take up to 2 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

I would wait a bit to see if it clears up on its own. I know a few pups on here have had similar symptoms, limping with no apparent injury. It seems to resolve on its own with rest.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kev122573 View Post
    Can I ask how long it took to heal up? I know I had read it could take up to 2 months.

I think it lasted just under 2 weeks total. The anti inflammatory meds really did their job.

Wrinkle Wiper Harleyleeotis12321's Avatar
    Real Name
    Leigh Anne
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harley Lee Otis Davidson Eckert
    Likes (Received)

Harley did this a few weeks ago, could not stand, swaying on back legs and limping.....he had been putting alot of pressure on them when he had his tail infection and wouldnt move! Soo I just kept an eye on him and by the 4th day he was recouping, he was soo stiff to. I got him the CoseQuin DS Plus ONLINE at COSTCO same as the vet but much much cheaper! 2, 180 ct for $80.00! The vet was 140.00 for 1 bottle! It really seems to be helping.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tipsy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyleeotis12321 View Post
    Harley did this a few weeks ago, could not stand, swaying on back legs and limping.....he had been putting alot of pressure on them when he had his tail infection and wouldnt move! Soo I just kept an eye on him and by the 4th day he was recouping, he was soo stiff to. I got him the CoseQuin DS Plus ONLINE at COSTCO same as the vet but much much cheaper! 2, 180 ct for $80.00! The vet was 140.00 for 1 bottle! It really seems to be helping.
    I got her those, she won't eat them. She is as picky as I am. I even broke into small pieces and put with her dried food but she pushed them aside...LOL.

Wrinkle Wiper Harleyleeotis12321's Avatar
    Real Name
    Leigh Anne
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harley Lee Otis Davidson Eckert
    Likes (Received)

OMG...Harley is too, but he loves them. Maybe disguise them? Anyway time will heal in most cases. Hope she feels better soon

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Aww. Poor Tipsy, sorry I don't have any experience with this, but just wanted to say you already got some great advice from others, and I hope she feels better soon, hopefully the medication will help her. Sending love, hugs and prayers to you and Tipsy. Please keep us posted on how she's doing.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kev122573 View Post
    I got her those, she won't eat them. She is as picky as I am. I even broke into small pieces and put with her dried food but she pushed them aside...LOL.

wrapp it in vanilla ice cream... never fails
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tipsy
    Likes (Received)

Thank you all for your advice. She drives me crazy but she's my priority and her happiness is paramount. I'll keep you all updated, now to find something for her to do while I am gone. At least she has DogTV

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rudy and Mila
    Likes (Received)

How old is she? Mimi had issues because she was growing to fast. At about 6 months. Bad doctor said operate. Good doctor had us cut her food in half and she was better in a couple days. Kept her lean the rest of her 11 year life and she never had the issue again.
    Last edited by gobronco; 12-18-2013 at 02:12 AM.

Remove Ads