constipation in pup

triplej

Sep 22, 2013
Ky. Near Natural Bridge state park.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullett, Salley, Kelsey and Kate
I have a 2 week old pup that is still on mothers milk and doing good reference wt gain @ 1060g ets. only problem is constipation. I can only get him to poop once a day by rubbing for what seems like 3/4 minutes he has no problem peeing after each feeding. His poop don't look like infection just somewhat like thick and rubbery. any ideals

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You will have to stimulate them to poop for several weeks, plus are you giving them a probiotics every 3 days? If not get some from your vet.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Our runt used to have issue pooping so I would take warm water & rub a little bit of soap on his bum to get him going...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
As long as once a day and there is plenty when going, that is fine, otherwise just 1 cc of warm water enema will help. Does the pup look dehydrated at all? That would be my biggest concern. Pinch the skin at the top of the neck and see if it stands. It should fall back down right away. Compare with other pups in the litter too.

OP
triplej

triplej

Sep 22, 2013
Ky. Near Natural Bridge state park.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullett, Salley, Kelsey and Kate
He is the only one in the litter, Mother dog had only 2 and one died right after birth. He gets all the mothers milk. I feed every 4/5 hours, having him suck one side and then the other side @ next feeding. His weight is 2.5 lbs and showing some gain every day. Have noticed what appears to be worms, that rice look, I have given one round of worm meds. Little fellow just don't like his tail rubbed.

Attachments

• 13dec13^.jpg
    13dec13^.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 116

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online