brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
We need Carols calm soothing words. Carol put on your super hero cape and calm us down. :sunny:And by us I definitely mean me. There is so much going on here tonight, CAROL WHERE ARE YOU??? :hissy:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yea, where is she?? :tapfoot: She was around this morning

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I just signed in...fill me in what's going on?

What isn't going on Baxter is in emergency surgery for poss. obstruction, Rocco is having neuter surgery tomorrow, Tracey is worried about Winstons surgery on the 18th and poor Samson passed last night from liver failure.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What isn't going on Baxter is in emergency surgery for poss. obstruction, Rocco is having neuter surgery tomorrow, Tracey is worried about Winstons surgery on the 18th and poor Samson passed last night from liver failure.

excellent summary

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Oh my gosh! Well someone's going to have to step it up until carol gets here! We need serious bully prayers!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
CAROL!!!! :yell: Holy crap!!! How is Baxter???? [MENTION=9462]Baxter Tiberius[/MENTION] any updates on Baxter??? Who is Samson's human? and I all ready have been praying for Winston!!! and I will be praying for Rocco and Matt! Did I get everyone?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ohhh [MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] where are you?!! We need some serious prayers for our EBN family tonight!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
just guessing she's in Texas buried in bulldogs and holiday bs.... dont worry friends she will return! and your smooshy face lovies will do great!!! they will feel sooooo much better when all done and healed and love you all the more for it!!! hugs from Chunky and I oh and Sedona too!! :D

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Well I will say some prayers for all that are needing them and Hopefully Carol will be around soon to calm and do her "magic"!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh my Gosh, I missed so much, been out all day, with doctors appointments, and then went to visit my mom, I've been so busy with the move and settling in. So sorry to hear about all the surgeries and worries everyone is going through. Sending lots of love and prayers for Baxter, Rocco and Winston that they all come through their surgeries okay, and have a speedy recovery. Love and hugs for Samson's family, I am so sorry for your loss. RIP. Buddy.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Awwww, I feel so loved, thank y'all so much! :tissue:

Truly, was just wiped out, yesterday
@TessaandSamson posted for prayers and
told us Samson had been rushed in for symptoms (tests proved it so) of liver
failure of unknown cause. He'd had a scheduled checkup & bloodwork done just
prior to this and had checked out fine. Less than 24 hours later, Tessa & Dave had
to make that most terrible decision and did so. They recently married and have no
human kids so y'all can just imagine their pain~Samson was (I think) around 7 y/o.

Knowing this heartbreak myself, I bawled & prayed with them, when healthy one
minute and gone the next...it's almost impossible to bear the pain in your heart and
the sudden emptiness in your home and your life. M vet called to say my Brutus was
up and moving after anesthesia (to clean infected teeth) and was fine. Fifteen minutes
later, he was gone. Nothing can prepare you for that nor can any words help the one
suffering at that moment. They ARE remembered and help so much afterwards but at
that immediate death, you just shut down...except for how insanely your heart hurts.

Most of you know that just 5 months before Brutus died so suddenly, I lost my beloved
husband of 30 wonderful years and just 52. I got him to the ER and he collapsed at their
admittance desk and was gone, no time to say ONE WORD. They worked on him for two
hours but I knew he was gone. Because I said nothing and they were fixated on saving
him no one ushered me from the room just off the ER waiting area where about 150 people
watched him leave this earth. I always wondered (and hope) it made an impact on them to
understand how immediate is our time here and how you are gone in the blink of an eye.

It is LOVE not things, not money, not titles, not stuff, not ego (you get the picture) that is ALL
we leave behind, it is WHO we are and WHAT we do matters and that lasts. I was always a
high roller and lived a large life, some of the things I still have...I can tell y'all absolutely, NONE
of it means a danged thing...NOTHING. I'm just saying, Yes, we need homes, clothing & jobs
but don't let any of it kill you to acquire it, you really can't take this stuff with you.

Life is Short, spend time with your loved ones in Love, Faith & Harmony.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
[MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION]

Once again Carol, you always know what to say… and you are so right!!! We seem to value our material things when really what we MOST crave is those loving relationships w/others… dogs included of course.

I too have had losses happen so suddenly, and those times change you forever!!! You can never go back… but like w/most difficult things in this life there is always a gift hidden in there somewhere. I honestly feel like it's our job to figure that out, and for you Carol telling your story, supporting, and praying for those who are hurting seems to be your calling. :hug2:

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
At texas carol, I knew you would not disappoint with your wisdom, and comfort. you are the best. Much love to you!! :angelheart:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.