Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Awwww, I feel so loved, thank y'all so much! :tissue:

Truly, was just wiped out, yesterday
@TessaandSamson posted for prayers and
told us Samson had been rushed in for symptoms (tests proved it so) of liver
failure of unknown cause. He'd had a scheduled checkup & bloodwork done just
prior to this and had checked out fine. Less than 24 hours later, Tessa & Dave had
to make that most terrible decision and did so. They recently married and have no
human kids so y'all can just imagine their pain~Samson was (I think) around 7 y/o.

Knowing this heartbreak myself, I bawled & prayed with them, when healthy one
minute and gone the next...it's almost impossible to bear the pain in your heart and
the sudden emptiness in your home and your life. M vet called to say my Brutus was
up and moving after anesthesia (to clean infected teeth) and was fine. Fifteen minutes
later, he was gone. Nothing can prepare you for that nor can any words help the one
suffering at that moment. They ARE remembered and help so much afterwards but at
that immediate death, you just shut down...except for how insanely your heart hurts.

Most of you know that just 5 months before Brutus died so suddenly, I lost my beloved
husband of 30 wonderful years and just 52. I got him to the ER and he collapsed at their
admittance desk and was gone, no time to say ONE WORD. They worked on him for two
hours but I knew he was gone. Because I said nothing and they were fixated on saving
him no one ushered me from the room just off the ER waiting area where about 150 people
watched him leave this earth. I always wondered (and hope) it made an impact on them to
understand how immediate is our time here and how you are gone in the blink of an eye.

It is LOVE not things, not money, not titles, not stuff, not ego (you get the picture) that is ALL
we leave behind, it is WHO we are and WHAT we do matters and that lasts. I was always a
high roller and lived a large life, some of the things I still have...I can tell y'all absolutely, NONE
of it means a danged thing...NOTHING. I'm just saying, Yes, we need homes, clothing & jobs
but don't let any of it kill you to acquire it, you really can't take this stuff with you.

Life is Short, spend time with your loved ones in Love, Faith & Harmony.

Once again wonderful insight Carol!! Hugs and love!

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Awwww, I feel so loved, thank y'all so much! :tissue:

Truly, was just wiped out, yesterday
@TessaandSamson posted for prayers and
told us Samson had been rushed in for symptoms (tests proved it so) of liver
failure of unknown cause. He'd had a scheduled checkup & bloodwork done just
prior to this and had checked out fine. Less than 24 hours later, Tessa & Dave had
to make that most terrible decision and did so. They recently married and have no
human kids so y'all can just imagine their pain~Samson was (I think) around 7 y/o.

Knowing this heartbreak myself, I bawled & prayed with them, when healthy one
minute and gone the next...it's almost impossible to bear the pain in your heart and
the sudden emptiness in your home and your life. M vet called to say my Brutus was
up and moving after anesthesia (to clean infected teeth) and was fine. Fifteen minutes
later, he was gone. Nothing can prepare you for that nor can any words help the one
suffering at that moment. They ARE remembered and help so much afterwards but at
that immediate death, you just shut down...except for how insanely your heart hurts.

Most of you know that just 5 months before Brutus died so suddenly, I lost my beloved
husband of 30 wonderful years and just 52. I got him to the ER and he collapsed at their
admittance desk and was gone, no time to say ONE WORD. They worked on him for two
hours but I knew he was gone. Because I said nothing and they were fixated on saving
him no one ushered me from the room just off the ER waiting area where about 150 people
watched him leave this earth. I always wondered (and hope) it made an impact on them to
understand how immediate is our time here and how you are gone in the blink of an eye.

It is LOVE not things, not money, not titles, not stuff, not ego (you get the picture) that is ALL
we leave behind, it is WHO we are and WHAT we do matters and that lasts. I was always a
high roller and lived a large life, some of the things I still have...I can tell y'all absolutely, NONE
of it means a danged thing...NOTHING. I'm just saying, Yes, we need homes, clothing & jobs
but don't let any of it kill you to acquire it, you really can't take this stuff with you.

Life is Short, spend time with your loved ones in Love, Faith & Harmony.

Thank you Carol, Amen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
[MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] I think your the EBN 'den mom' lol I really didn't know until now, what an honor for you, to touch so many lives this way!! It's wonderful!!!

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
make no mistake, Carol is da bomb!!!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I honestly think that EBN wouldn't be the dame place without Carol

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
You're an inspiration Carol. I don't post much but am always on here and see your comments. They're always uplifting and insightful :-) I'm so sorry for the losses you have had. I work in the medical field and worked ER for a few years, now open heart surgery, so I see a lot and have learned a ton about life and how quickly it is taken. Life is precious and is often taken in the blink of an eye, for both our human and furry family members. Keep doing what you do on here, you make a difference :-)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@Texas Carol I think your the EBN 'den mom' lol I really didn't know until now, what an honor for you, to touch so many lives this way!! It's wonderful!!!

I think we need to change your title Carol.... EBN Den Mom

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I think we need to change your title Carol.... EBN Den Mom

I love 'EBN Den Mom' and it's an honor to be so thought of, no angel
or big heart or saint need be attached as I'm truly not!

Have been struggling personally awhile and I owe a BIG debt of gratitude
to each of you who've posted kind words here these past couple of days.
Opened EBN up and found all these posts...it was Christmas come early for
me and worth more than I can tell y'all, really!

GOD bless all of you...I chuckled with joy as I DO feel like y'all's Mom and
a loved Mom at that!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I love 'EBN Den Mom' and it's an honor to be so thought of, no angel
or big heart or saint need be attached as I'm truly not!

Have been struggling personally awhile and I owe a BIG debt of gratitude
to each of you who've posted kind words here these past couple of days.
Opened EBN up and found all these posts...it was Christmas come early for
me and worth more than I can tell y'all, really!

GOD bless all of you...I chuckled with joy as I DO feel like y'all's Mom and
a loved Mom at that!

Ms Carol; I was so curious of where you were that I looked you up and to my surprise I found our land in Grapeland Texas isn't far from you at all. My husband and I make trips to Grapeland a few times a year to check on our cattle and the path we take almost goes by you. So, the next time I am in route to Grapeland I am going to contact you and if you are available I would love to visit with you.

Most Reactions