Rocco's Surgery is Tomorrow

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Well tomorrow Rocco is scheduled to be neutered, treat his umbilical hernia, and get micro chipped. I can't help but feel nervous right now. I'm nervous hoping the anesthesia goes well, nervous he will come back a different dog and I'm hoping the healing is quick. Any advice or words of encouragement are welcome. I took off tomorrow because I was going to try and paint the last room in the house while he's gone but I'm unsure I'll be able to!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
keep your self busy... painting will help the time pass or you can sit on EBN all day and chat it up ;)

He will do great -- come home sleepy and back to himself by Saturday morning --- remember no jumping or forced play/run, leash walk only

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Good luck Rocco... he'll do great!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Prayers and good vibes for Rocco, Im sure he'll do fine, but it is nerve wracking!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Praying for you & Rocco tomorrow!!! :pray: You can return the favor when Winston has his surgery on Wed… Keep us posted!!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus and I are sending hugs and prayers for Rocco tomorrow. He will do just fine. I was a nervous wreck when Bru went in, and out he came the next day like nothing happened. We kept him quiet for as long as we could but really he felt fine. I know Rocco will be the same way. Be sure to give us an update tomorrow when he is out and recovering. Try to take it easy and I think painting will be a perfect way to keep busy.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Praying for a quick recovery for Rocco, likely they will give him a cone of shame but if he can't lick there you probably won't need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Matt it's understandable you being worried..just have to focus on the positives and shut out the negatives that are dancing around in your head. I've spoken to so many people who said their bullies behavior was unaffected by the surgery. Rocco is going to be fine.
speaking from experience my vasectomy didn't change me..I was lethargic for awhile and the cone of shame was only needed for about a day.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We will be thinking of him, I'm sure he will be fine.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
He will be fine. Don't let yourself turn in to a train wreck. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Don't worry Matt-Rocco will be fine. I have had 2 male dogs-one had a retained testicle-so he had two surgeries at once-and he only weighed 4 pounds! He did just fine. If you trust your vet-you know he will do the very best for Rocco. Tomorrow you will be exhausted-from worry and Rocco will wake up and be Rocco! My boys never even acknowledged that they had surgery! We all on EBN will be praying for you and Rocco-that boy will do just fine. YOU-that's another story! Have a shot of Jack for medicinal purposes.:partytime:

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Matt it's understandable you being worried..just have to focus on the positives and shut out the negatives that are dancing around in your head. I've spoken to so many people who said their bullies behavior was unaffected by the surgery. Rocco is going to be fine.
speaking from experience my vasectomy didn't change me..I was lethargic for awhile and the cone of shame was only needed for about a day.

Haha! Well that's good to know! Lol

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Don't worry Matt-Rocco will be fine. I have had 2 male dogs-one had a retained testicle-so he had two surgeries at once-and he only weighed 4 pounds! He did just fine. If you trust your vet-you know he will do the very best for Rocco. Tomorrow you will be exhausted-from worry and Rocco will wake up and be Rocco! My boys never even acknowledged that they had surgery! We all on EBN will be praying for you and Rocco-that boy will do just fine. YOU-that's another story! Have a shot of Jack for medicinal purposes.:partytime:

Jack hmmm? Not a bad idea. I am off tomorrow so technically it is Friday for me...

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
We are from the South to heck with Jack I got some moonshine we can swig on LOL.....Sending positive vibes and prayers y'alls way! Sheldon wasn't any different after he was snipped. Same funny loving little boy and he didn't have to have the cone of shame.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.