Where does your dog sleep at night?

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Where do your dogs sleep at night? Ever since we have had Seamus he has slept in his crate in another room. Our bedroom isn't big enough for a big bed for him and in all reality if he was in our room he would sleep in our bed, which is super uncomfortable. I would love to just leave him out to sleep wherever he wanted but I think he would probably sleep at our door and whine at night. I have no idea what other people do since everybody I know who has a dog lets them sleep in their beds.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yep... they are in bed with us. Banks tends to sleep between us by our feet and Cheil is curlled up next to me

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Mostly his crate. On some occasions, he gets lucky to sleep in bed with us

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea is in her crate when we go to bed but it is right beside out bed.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
sighhhh..the bed...it used to be the crate and that worked great...i'm leaning towards spending a week of sleepless nights and re-crate training him to sleep in it

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Bella sleeps right in the middle of us, wont sleep on one side or the other right in between on top of covers i feel like im trapped under them haha

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Yep...in the bed, under the covers, head on the pillow, laying right between our heads. She sleeps like a person does.

OP
ccurran

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Oh man ... you guys aren't giving me any hope! We only have a queen size bed. I think we need to get a king if he starts sleeping with us on a regular basis. I would love for him to just sleep on his own bed in our room or in the living room but I think it is pointless now since we would have to re-train him totally and that would mean no sleep for me. When he sleeps in bed with us its sooo annoying. He stretches out and ends up kicking one of us in the kidneys and snoring all night. Not to mention that he is like a little furnace and is super warm in the bed!

I had to take out the blankets from his crate because he will pee on them. It is so annoying. He is completely house broken, hasn't had an accident in the house or anybody elses house in ages but at night he will pee in his crate. I think its marking. I had read that I need to take out his blankets but I feel so bad for him.

Ahh it seems inevitable that he will end up in bed with us at some point. Just wanted to see what everybody else did!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
In bed with me - some nights I will put him in his crate but those nights are rare. His snores are my lullaby! Good luck!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Shy and lily beds are moved to the kitchen -simple reason for that is shy will bark behind our bedroom door to let her in-Lily is not bothered
I love sleeping in bed with my dogs but since problems with lily potty (shes ok now) we got her used to sleep in the kitchen -and if one dog is not allowed in my bed sadly second shouldn't be neither
In day time they sleep eather in their bed in the living room ,or my sofa

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus sleeps on the couch. He did sleep in bed with us and we did get a king sized bed so we would all fit, but the darn bed is so high i'm afraid he will break a leg. He is very happy on the couch with my other two dogs. They are all buddies.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor sleeps just outside of our bedroom in a plastic basket lined with blankets and a towel.

Regarding the peeing - does Seamus only pee in his crate? When he was a few months old, Castor was wetting his bed almost every night and someone here advised me to check if he was sleeping in a draught. We moved him out from the bedroom to a hallway with less draught and the bedwetting stopped, so in his case I don't think it was marking.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.