Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where does your dog sleep at night?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hercules and Ariel
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Where does your dog sleep at night?

Both mine sleep in crates in the living room. Their hair affects my breathing and they like to get in my face when I'm sleeping. Lol. They used to sleep in my room and they dig and move in the night and sometimes randomly bark so I wasn't getting any sleep. Ita so loud I can hear it a room away. Both my dogs will pee on their blankets in the crate also.

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Vegas sleeps in bed between my husband and I. I wont allow for him to sleep anywhere else. I won't even allow him to sleep at the foot of the bed...why? Because of his epilepsy. In the 5 years since he's been diagnosed...the majority of his seizures happen during sleep. If he's at the end of the bed and I can't get to him quick enough...he can fall out of bed and hurt himself.

With that being said....Orion usually sleeps where ever she falls asleep. Since the weather has changed....she has started climbing into bed with the rest of us. NOT. GOOD. So...I got an idea from watching this video from Carol Gardner. I created something like this for Orion and she loves it. Two nights ago....Orion and I were heading up to bed and we got a huge surprise. Vegas had crawled into Orion's Princess bed and he wouldn't get out. So Orion and I slept on the couch downstairs.

http://youtu.be/-ltR8lz-SBk

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

My Elmo sleeps in his crate beside my bed, he goes to his crate every night at midnight for me to let him in so he can go to sleep. I would leave his crate open all the time, but we have a poodle that would go in Elmo's crate and mark his territory. Susan Moore

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Yes, I kiss Elmo on his lips, he is my Big Boy. I just Love him so-oo-oo very much. Susan Moore

Country
    Cape Cod MA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    harley and caesar
    Likes (Received)

We are looking at the Arms Reach co-sleeper for dogs.....they have it at Walmart, Petco and Amazon ...prices vary $187 - $240. It looks like a portacrib for babies with 1 side missing on top and you push it next to your bed. It also has a bed on the bottom so it's like bunk beds...perfect for 2 dogs. We upgraded to a king size bed from a queen but with 2 bullies it's still not big enough.

Real Name
    Annie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry
    Likes (Received)

Henry sleeps in bed with us, starting off facing the end of the bed with his legs up in the air, lol! but by the time I wake in the morning, I find him curled up beside me, purring like a cat. I'm oblivious to him moving at night.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hope
    Likes (Received)

Hope sleeps with my daughter in her bed every night.

Real Name
    Alisha Keaton
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lou Ferrigno
    Likes (Received)

Mr. Ferrigno sleeps in his crate. we occasioanlly let him sleep in bed with us but almost NEVER... he either wants to run around the room or he will pee in the room or on the bed... he's fully potty trained, doesnt potty in his kennel or in the house but he will pee on our bed if we arent watching or he will pee on our clothes.. im not sure why he does that.. hes not fixed and hes an Alpha so im thinking its something to do with dominance or something.... but anyways he has his fluffy bed in the living room that sleeps on during the day.. he loves his bed.. then he has a blanket in his kennel that he sleeps with and we have a sheet draped over his kennel at the end of our bed. one side is open so its like a cave and he loves his bed! i wish he would sleep in his bed on the floor so we could get rid of that ugly metal crate....

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

My crew each have their own crate that they sleep in at night. I feel that they are safe-and can't get into things that may hurt them-like swallowing something-if they were up during the night! They are spoiled enough-it's good discipline for them ! They have lots of beds (during the day-beds!) Once in their night time crates, they go right to sleep.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Bulldog(s) Names
    Koozer
    Likes (Received)

Koozer sleeps on his fancy orthopedic bed in our bedroom on the floor next to my side of the bed. Our bed is much too high for Koozer to get up on. We crate trained him as a puppy, then eventually he did not need the crate anymore because he behaved as a free pup in the house.

Real Name
    Dana F
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
    Likes (Received)

Stinky sleeps in his crate in my bed room.He also has a crate in the family room.

Real Name
    Helga
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Benedict
    Likes (Received)

Benedict sleeps in the living room on his memory foam ortho bed he's sleeps all night wakes around 10:30 am I can hear his snores in my room is like my white noise puts me to sleep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads