Puppy therapy sessions

OP
ccurran

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
How did you get involved with this?! I'm in DC and would love to have Winston be a part!

I found it online when I was looking to get involved with pet therapy. A lot of other pet therapy has intensive course training (i.e. Red Cross) but PAL is pretty quick and there is just 1 orientation and 2 sight visits. Once you are approved then you can start volunteering at a whole bunch of different places. You can go to their website and sign up for the orientation class if you are interested! It is such a great organization and you can be as involved as you like. If I didn't work (or was retired like I would to be ... although I am only 30 so its a long way off!) I would volunteer to be a mentor for students. There is a great program where you help after school with school work and also bring your dog! I wish I could do that but the times don't work out for me.

Hope this works out for you! Good luck!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Awesome and Inspirational...... I could see myself doing something like this with Rocky....... Not so much with Rambo....... Rambo is definitely a problem child, he needs so much attention and affection, I would consider taking him to the zoo though, but am afraid half the animals would jump off of Rocks, and Cliffs, and other objects rather than to be pestered by Rambo all day! hahahahaha :) Rocky on the other hand would be so peaceful, and love the petting and affection, and backing up to each patient for a tail bum scratch...... Thats my boy!! :)

Most Reactions