Toys!?!

Monica Walters Cox

Dec 11, 2013
Central Pennsylvania
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gordo
Hi! I'm looking for toy ideas that my Gordo will not destroy in less than 24 hours. The only thing we've found so far is the Kong toy for strong chewers (the one that you hide the treat inside). He loves it, but I would like to get him some more. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thank you!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Monica, good name by the way. Lol. I have a male named Bulldozer and a female named Blossom, and they are both big time chewers, not only do they chew most toys, they also cannot have anything soft like pillows, blankets, stuffed animals or tennis balls, as they eat them in no time, and actually swallow pieces. We can only give them Kong toys, they have kong balls, kong tires, a big kong ball, kong bones, and some kong keys, which Dozer really likes, I also have bought some really hard balls and bones from JWoW. Even though we only give them hard kong toys, we still have to supervise them when they have the toys, because they still can chew off pieces, we take them away when we see them getting worn or chewed.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Nylabones are pretty tough. Especially if you get the wolf size ones. They have different shaped chews-the Dura chew.My dogs love the nylabones. Someone on another thread just mentioned Varsitypets.com who have a ball that is guaranteed not to break. It's expensive-but may be worth it! Hope this helps!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
41XKUgAteRL._AA160_.jpg513AQLkMrkL._AA160_.jpgThese are a couple that my boys Love, and have lasted a while.....:yes:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Yes, those are two of the ones we have, and they love them!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Elk antlers or moose antlers! The best chewing toy for aggressive chewers. With us...it's been trial and error. I honestly can say that I can walk into any pet store and looking in the toy department....point to most of what they have and tag them as a "fail". Kongs are truly the most durable toy....they just don't have a big enough selection to keep buying. Good luck!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep, Kongs, Nylabones for heavy chewers, and the jolly ball.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
We have kongs, and a tough ball, but Bazza favourite toy is a Bumi (a real funny "Z" shape) and it has lasted, its the best.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Hi Monica, good name by the way. Lol. I have a male named Bulldozer and a female named Blossom, and they are both big time chewers, not only do they chew most toys, they also cannot have anything soft like pillows, blankets, stuffed animals or tennis balls, as they eat them in no time, and actually swallow pieces. We can only give them Kong toys, they have kong balls, kong tires, a big kong ball, kong bones, and some kong keys, which Dozer really likes, I also have bought some really hard balls and bones from JWoW. Even though we only give them hard kong toys, we still have to supervise them when they have the toys, because they still can chew off pieces, we take them away when we see them getting worn or chewed.

This is so much like Bazza, no doona, pillows etc, are those Kong tyres really good (tough), thinking of getting Bazza one, cannot find anything on Kong Keys ??? Or are the the Nyla ones ?? Bazza has the kong and balls looking for something different to put under the tree. Thanks. :)

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
[MENTION=9179]Bazza[/MENTION] we have Brie nylabone for powerful chewers and kong toys. She has a few kong fetch toys, the stuffies they have and a wubba, But she will chew parts off on the quicker side if she gets in her chew mode. Brie really likes the peanut butter flavored ones. They really can be quite the chewer!

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
Elk antlers or moose antlers! The best chewing toy for aggressive chewers. With us...it's been trial and error. I honestly can say that I can walk into any pet store and looking in the toy department....point to most of what they have and tag them as a "fail". Kongs are truly the most durable toy....they just don't have a big enough selection to keep buying. Good luck!

+1 This is us!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea loves nylabones, antlers and her kongs the most. Tennis balls and rope toys as well but she only gets those if she is outside or in the room with us so we can keep an eye on her. I make the rounds picking up toys I don't want her to bave while I am working each day and yesterday I missed one she had stashed and she ate 1/4 of a tennis ball atached to a rope toy. So now I am on Harlea watch and poo patrol. She is a sneaky little bugger for sure.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks is a destroyer as well so we only get her nylabones, antlers, marrow bones and kongs. Everything else last about 5 - 15 mins.... rubber balls are OK, but tennis balls no go

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.