Unbreakable Varsity Ball?

jacquik

Feb 1, 2013
Country
Cape Cod MA
Bulldog(s) Names
harley and caesar
Has anyone bought the Varsity Ball from Varsity pets online? Saw it on Pinterest while looking for big dog toys...they show videos w/ dogs ( and even a tiger ) playing with it. They say one has never been popped and will replace it if it does. I have a daycare and my 2 bullies have popped every ball I bring in to the house. It's $40 plus shipping for the 12 inch ball so thought I'd check in here....it would be worth every penny if it's true! www.varsitypetsonline.com

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
first I heard of it.....

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I have heard of them and they get good reviews at Amazon. I have the jolly pet teaser ball which Ace loves but its made so that the dog can retrieve it but that makes it somewhat difficult at times to get it away from them to throw again. I had a larger beach ball type it was tougher than a beach ball but not as indestructible as the varsity pet or jolly ball and Ace loved it as well. He couldn't grab it with his mouth but would push and chase it all over the yard, entertaining himself and really getting some exercise but he eventually popped it. I ordered a jolly pet bounce and play it hasn't arrived yet but I may should have gotten one like the varsity pet. I may still get one eventually. One they can push and chase around on their own and that you can roll and let them push and play with but not grab it is a good idea. I think it will be worth the money as it will hold up for a long time considering the way it is constructed, similar material it seems to the jolly pet teaser ball but without the holes for a dog to grab

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=8018]jacquik[/MENTION], it might be a worthy investment for your bullies if they love playing with a ball which it sounds like they do. I'm going to look into this myself b/c Finn loves chasing balls around and he's destroyed the large ones i've given him as well.

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
I might have to try this out. Thanks for the info!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have never heard of it before, but I may get it for my dogs. My boxer is the worst, she LOVES big balls but she pops everyone of them :(

OP
jacquik

jacquik

Feb 1, 2013
Country
Cape Cod MA
Bulldog(s) Names
harley and caesar
Update: I did end up ordering this ball and my 2 bullies are nuts over it...they chase it around the yard at high speeds and we end up having to take it away from them so they don't collapse! Word of warning it is hard like a golf ball...when it pops up and they try and head butt it like w/ the kids balls they get konked in the noggin...hopefully they will learn fast not to do that.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Update: I did end up ordering this ball and my 2 bullies are nuts over it...they chase it around the yard at high speeds and we end up having to take it away from them so they don't collapse! Word of warning it is hard like a golf ball...when it pops up and they try and head butt it like w/ the kids balls they get konked in the noggin...hopefully they will learn fast not to do that.

thanks for the update! sounds like they're having a blast. I also ordered one and rec'vd it the other day but since it's really from Santa Claus, they won't be able to play with it til Christmas. I'll remember what you said about the ball popping up and watch out for that.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I ordered one too! So tired of going thru soccer & basketballs. My boxer is the worst for tearing up balls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Let me know how it goes. I got Raven the large Jolly Ball with the rope in it. Well she got the rope out and proceeded to demolish the ball ;). It is still useable but the area with the hole is really jagged and kind of shredded.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace

Glad its such a hit with your dogs. The way its constructed it should last a long time.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.