New Bulldog Owner

littlebuffalo

Dec 9, 2013
Country
united States
Bulldog(s) Names
little buffalo
So to start my name is Shelby and my little guys name is little buffalo. About 5 months ago my roommate brought him home, well she's been just leaving him here and staying gone for a few days at a time and when she's home she ignores him, so I've kinda rescued/adopted him in my opinion. Only thing is I've never had a dog before and some things he does scares me. First off he isn't very playful is that bad? Secondly he snores/snorts when awake and asleep. And finally when he Is sleeping he has to have his head propped up on something. Should I be worried? Also any tips or advice?

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hi and welcome to the forum first off all what you described its all normal ,so no need to worry
There are sone great articles on here sadly i cant post them as in on my mobile -but if you go on the main page on the right side you can see some of the articles -they are great for bulldog owners -those new to the breed and those who know breed as well xx
I look forward seeing pictures of your furbaby , and hoping you are here to stay
If you got any problems or questions there is always someone here who is happy to help ;-)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Pati has given you a great intro… we have a ton of info on the main home page. I'm so glad that you are able to adopt that baby, and if you have any more questions please feel free to ask away… that's what we are here for!!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Not much else I can add at this time that Pati hasn't already stated. :welcome: to the site. Can't wait to see pics.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
hi [MENTION=10519]littlebuffalo[/MENTION]...welcome to the site!

Does Buffalo have lots of toys to play with? he will need some stimulation so maybe getting some fun toys for him will help bring out that playfulness. Many bullies do snort and snore so that is not unusual, and sleeping with his head propped on something...well, my Tate does that all the time and i wouldn't worry about that either. Please peruse our forums and ask as many questions as you need to. We're happy to help!!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
As far as toys I would suggest Kong or Nylabone good thing about Kong is you can put treats in them and get them interested in play. Welcome to the site everyone else has you covered other than the fact we have the absolute BEST forum hands down in the world!

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
Welcome to EBN -lots of info and advice here - dont be afraid to ask - someone will always help .... glad you took over Buffalo's care :yes:

Last edited:

freebeans

May 1, 2013
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
duke
Welcome. You will get great information here. Someone is always here to answer questions. You are off to a good start. I can't wait to see pictures of your furry baby.

OP
L

littlebuffalo

Dec 9, 2013
Country
united States
Bulldog(s) Names
little buffalo
thanks to all of you it was a relief to hear that [MENTION=3381]Jennifer[/MENTION]Clark I have lots of toys for him I'll have to go find a Kong though that sounds like something he would like. I'll definitely check out all the forums :)

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
thanks to all of you it was a relief to hear that [MENTION=3381]Jennifer[/MENTION]Clark I have lots of toys for him I'll have to go find a Kong though that sounds like something he would like. I'll definitely check out all the forums :)

Kong toys are great! There are different sizes and treat flavors or you can make your own treats if your like the rest of us we are a little anal about our babies treats so a lot of us make them instead of giving store bought. Sheldon prefers the homemade treats now.

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

Bunny

Sep 25, 2013
Nebraska
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
That's so sweet that you've adopted/rescued him! Welcome to EBN :D My baby likes to sleep with her head propped up on something also, and she snores like a bear lol Her fave toy is a booda with 6 squeekers in it, it's fun and a more interactive toy in my opinion :)

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
Welcome!!!! This site is the best place to go for any advice or just great ideas for fun bullie treats/activities. No question ever posted here is ever judged, so ask away! BTW, I love the name:D

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Glad that bully baby has you to care for him, thank you for stepping up!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
hello and :welcome3: to EBN!! thank you so much for stepping up and taking care of this sweet little bully! We are all here to help so ask away if you can not find what you are looking for.

Bullies are more into humans than other dogs so he will be your shadow and the grunts/snoring, as Pati stated is totally normal.

look forward to pictures

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.