Does your Bully Purr?

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Gertie purrs just like a kitty! I've heard her do this while she sleeps, but lately, when I pet her, she does this contented little "rumble" under her breath. Ida doesn't do it. Anyone else have a purring Bullie? (Or something else that they do to say they LOVE the attention they get?)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I am not sure if it is a purr or not but Cutty growls whenever Mugsy cleans his face but yet he LOVES it and sits there forever letting him do it so I think it may be a type of purr. lol That is the only time tho I think mostly.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Mine make piggy noises too but no purring. I can see my cats barking before the dogs purr...heck, the cats think they're dogs anyway!

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
butler does something we call purring! it's so cute. he does it when i rub his chin, and i love it so much so i rub him more! lol. i don't know if it's cause he is phlegmy or not, so i give him a squirt of lime/lemon juice to clear it up.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Ummmm....all this purring and no video? Anyone? Hello? Have we not learned by now?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Yeah .. I wouldn't call it purring but Maggie does this kind of "rumbling" noise - paticularly when she's getting her chest scratched!

OP
G

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Ugh! Remember who you're talking to here. I can't even get my pics to appaer not sideways, you really think I can post a video? PLEASE!

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
I would not say Lola purrs but she sure makes a noise when she is really happy & calm. Usually when giving her a belly rub, rubbing behind her ears or rubbing/scratching around her jaw area.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
This is so funny! My husband and I were talking about this last night! It is more like a rumble noise but yes I call it her cat purr :lol:! She does it when a pet or scratch her!

M

mabel lou

Last night was the first time my girl purred like a kitty and I was floored because I was not hearing it once yet I heard it so many times I couldn't believe my ears. I was tickling her belly and she was just purring away. She is so funny.

stephayne

Sep 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Motley
Motley purrs a lot, she loves to be held and rubbed. She is def hitting that spoiled rotten stage, not sure what we are gonna do when she weighs 50 lbs and we can't pick her up like a baby anymore, oh well, we will enjoy it while we can!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our French Bulldog, Chelios, purrs... it is too darn cute

Jilly

Jan 15, 2012
Northern Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia
Yes! Petunia purrs when I rub her back while she's sleeping. It sounds just like a kitty. And I thought she was the only one......... :eek:)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.