NEED ADVICE! My poor bulldogs chin!

misskelliebrooke

Jul 5, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
My poor baby's chin is so bad she's always had a bit of what I thought was puppy acne but always would clear up with extra care
But now it's so bad ... I don't know what is going on it doesn't seem to bother her unless I try and pop one.. (Gross I know) but it's like they are little ingrown hairs or something. I think she may need a trip to the vet.. I just moved to Idaho and not sure of any good vet in the area so I've been trying to put it off but if anyone has any tip or may know what's going on Id love to hear what you think... I feel so awful for her
Anything is appreciated!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 221

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
yep, it looks a bit sore. some bullies get chin acne because of a wet muzzie, so try to dry off his chin after drinkng water and eating. others can break out if you don't use stainless steel water and food bowls (or ceramic). and still others may have a food allergy which is how my Lola's chin gets irritated. You can try to keep the chin dry, and use an antifungal/antibacterial swab a few times a day to dry it out. like douxo wipes, found on amazon, or any chlorhexidine flush. other than medicated thigns, you can use witch hazel on a cotton ball, which will also dry naturally. it may take some time to clear up, just like human acne, but diligence will help!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
yep, it looks a bit sore. some bullies get chin acne because of a wet muzzie, so try to dry off his chin after drinkng water and eating. others can break out if you don't use stainless steel water and food bowls (or ceramic). and still others may have a food allergy which is how my Lola's chin gets irritated. You can try to keep the chin dry, and use an antifungal/antibacterial swab a few times a day to dry it out. like douxo wipes, found on amazon, or any chlorhexidine flush. other than medicated thigns, you can use witch hazel on a cotton ball, which will also dry naturally. it may take some time to clear up, just like human acne, but diligence will help!

Excellent advice! I am thinking there is an infection (either bacterial or fungal) going on by seeing the pictures. Getting an antibacterial /antifungal shampoo and washing it a couple times a week should help it get better as well as using the products aprilemari suggested. A good shampoo I love is called pharmaseb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus had something similar but not as bad. The douxo posts work great. I also changed his bowls to ceramic instead of stainless. This might also be an option for you.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Great advise about, hope it clears up soon.

mzza111

May 16, 2013
Orange County, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy (May 2013- March 2015)
Hi,

My Gypsy had something similar. It got really bad to where she was bleeding and had huge scabs on her chin. I finally figured out she was allergic to this Kong toy.

http://www.valuepetsupplies.com/kon...kw={keyword}&gclid=CPuY5qbXo7sCFQ3hQgodAxUAqw

I took the toy away (which was a nightmare) and now about 3 almost 4 weeks later, her chin has cleared up about 98%. She LOVED this toy so when I took it away cold turkey she obsessively searched the living room and it killed me. I had to give it back and slowly divert her attention to her other toys for about a week until she had completely forgotten about it.

I will say that I really like all the other Kong toys, it was just this one that caused issues.

Ami

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=5323]misskelliebrooke[/MENTION] ^^^ :up: excellent advice

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
jamesons used to look like that...then i switched his food to fromm and bye bye chin acne!!!!!

rugratt2

Dec 13, 2013
Hampton, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Winston went had nearly the same thing. My mother in law ( our vet) told us to try Strydex acne pads. They worked great. Cleared it up in about 5 days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.