Need Prayers

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
So, I was trying to help out a young student at the local High School (I found out that he was abused & his home life is extremely unstable) and let him move into the basement of my home so he could finish his senior year & graduate. Thursday morning, I awoke to find empty food wrappers on my couch, coffee table & other trash scattered around my living / dining area. Winston began acting funny this morning and spent most of the day in bed. He's eating a little & drinking water, but I'm concerned that he's gotten a hold of one of the pieces of trash that he left. Any advice or prayers would be really welcome. Thanks for your support.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor Nelson, sending love, hugs and prayers that he is okay. He may just have an upset tummy from eating the food, due to not being used to it, or he may have swallowed some of the wrappers. Keep an eye on him for signs of obstruction, such as drooling water from his mouth, vomiting or diarrhea. My male Dozer swallows socks a lot and he has had an obstruction twice. Last time was just last week, he had swallowed a sock a month ago and threw it up exactly 29 days later. He was fine, acted normal, ate drank, and played. It can take time for him to pass it, but he most likely will, as it is paper and will break down, and he will probably poop it out. I hope he is able to pass it quickly and feels better soon. Please keep us posted on how he's doing.

OP
s5nelson

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Aww poor Nelson, sending love, hugs and prayers that he is okay. He may just have an upset tummy from eating the food, due to not being used to it, or he may have swallowed some of the wrappers. Keep an eye on him for signs of obstruction, such as drooling water from his mouth, vomiting or diarrhea. My male Dozer swallows socks a lot and he has had an obstruction twice. Last time was just last week, he had swallowed a sock a month ago and threw it up exactly 29 days later. He was fine, acted normal, ate drank, and played. It can take time for him to pass it, but he most likely will, as it is paper and will break down, and he will probably poop it out. I hope he is able to pass it quickly and feels better soon. Please keep us posted on how he's doing.

Thanks so much, I'm just absolutely terrified for him (as I'm sure you understand). The only things that were left out were string cheese wrappers, maybe a plastic Baggie & paper bags (what I packed his lunch in). It makes me feel much better that you say the plastic will break down!

After this & the other stuff that's happened this week, I've decided that I just can't house a teen here. Too many liabilities & especially not at the risk of my pets. So he's staying with another friend, but my main concern right now is Winston. It's going to be a long night

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh no! Sending prayers that Winston is okay. It's a good sign that he's eaten and drank and didn't throw up. Hopefully he'll be back to himself in the morning. :pray:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
s5nelson

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Oh no! Sending prayers that Winston is okay. It's a good sign that he's eaten and drank and didn't throw up. Hopefully he'll be back to himself in the morning. :pray:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much! Yeah, it's why I haven't taken him to the emergency vet yet. He's eating, although not as much as normal, and he's drinking water, both good signs. He's just not acting like his normal perky self. I'm praying we get one big poo in the morning with whatever it is that he swallowed. He's in bed now so I'm going to watch over him tonight & hope all goes well.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Aw man, I hope it's nothing! Especially since you are trying to help a young student out too!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I hope Winston gets to feeling better!!! Sending prayers!

OP
s5nelson

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Aw man, I hope it's nothing! Especially since you are trying to help a young student out too!

Ugh you & me both. I'm hoping he's just overly tired, but he just doesn't act this way. I tried to give him breakfast & he turned his nose up at it & went back upstairs to his bed. He spent pretty much the entire day in bed, only coming downstairs when I really encouraged him to. He'd only stay if he could cuddle with me on the couch. Otherwise he was right back in his bed again...poor guy

- - - Updated - - -

I hope Winston gets to feeling better!!! Sending prayers!

Thank you so much! It honestly means a lot to have the support of everyone on this forum. I'll definitely keep you guys updated.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Definitely keep us updated!

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:pray:For you and Winston. I hope he will be much better, and be himself tomorrow.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Thinking of you and Wilson x please keep us updated x

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
man oh man, I'm just glad it wasn't chocolate, or Grapes, Raisins or any of that stuff. Your definitely in thoughts and prayers, We know you were trying to do the right thing.... Sorry it backfired. Poor Baby.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Hope Winston is feeling better, not fair when you are doing the good deed of trying to help the teen.

OP
s5nelson

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
man oh man, I'm just glad it wasn't chocolate, or Grapes, Raisins or any of that stuff. Your definitely in thoughts and prayers, We know you were trying to do the right thing.... Sorry it backfired. Poor Baby.

You & me both! I tried to give the teen a list of things that he couldn't feed Winston when he first got here, but I didn't think I'd have to remind a 17 year old to do things such as throw away empty wrappers, flush toilets, shower daily, lock the front door....etc

ok so far so good. He slept through the night & had a normal BM this morning. I'm on poop patrol & so far nothing has come out, but keeping fingers crossed / praying! He's eating a little & drinking water so that's a good sign as well. Thank goodness he snores (never thought I'd say that) so I could keep listening to him as he slept last night.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online