Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Need Prayers

man oh man, I'm just glad it wasn't chocolate, or Grapes, Raisins or any of that stuff. Your definitely in thoughts and prayers, We know you were trying to do the right thing.... Sorry it backfired. Poor Baby.

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Hope Winston is feeling better, not fair when you are doing the good deed of trying to help the teen.

Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    man oh man, I'm just glad it wasn't chocolate, or Grapes, Raisins or any of that stuff. Your definitely in thoughts and prayers, We know you were trying to do the right thing.... Sorry it backfired. Poor Baby.
    You & me both! I tried to give the teen a list of things that he couldn't feed Winston when he first got here, but I didn't think I'd have to remind a 17 year old to do things such as throw away empty wrappers, flush toilets, shower daily, lock the front door....etc

ok so far so good. He slept through the night & had a normal BM this morning. I'm on poop patrol & so far nothing has come out, but keeping fingers crossed / praying! He's eating a little & drinking water so that's a good sign as well. Thank goodness he snores (never thought I'd say that) so I could keep listening to him as he slept last night.
    Last edited by s5nelson; 12-08-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Sounds like he's going to be ok, that's a really good thing. It's funny how you never think you would be so happy for snoring and pooping. Bully's will do that to you.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I'm so very sorry to hear about Winston… I hope that he feels better soon, please keep us posted!!!
    I'm also sorry to hear about the teen, but honestly I have an 18 year old and I have to remind him to do everything INCLUDING brushing his teeth!!! OMG they are like giant toddlers at times… Your heart is in the right place, and I hope he appreciates what you were trying to do for him!!! Praying for you & Winston…

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s5nelson View Post
    You & me both! I tried to give the teen a list of things that he couldn't feed Winston when he first got here, but I didn't think I'd have to remind a 17 year old to do things such as throw away empty wrappers, flush toilets, shower daily, lock the front door....etc

ok so far so good. He slept through the night & had a normal BM this morning. I'm on poop patrol & so far nothing has come out, but keeping fingers crossed / praying! He's eating a little & drinking water so that's a good sign as well. Thank goodness he snores (never thought I'd say that) so I could keep listening to him as he slept last night.
    Good news, I'm so glad he ate and drank today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    Sounds like he's going to be ok, that's a really good thing. It's funny how you never think you would be so happy for snoring and pooping. Bully's will do that to you.
    Haha! You aren't kidding! It's the little things in life sometimes!

Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I'm so very sorry to hear about Winston… I hope that he feels better soon, please keep us posted!!!
    I'm also sorry to hear about the teen, but honestly I have an 18 year old and I have to remind him to do everything INCLUDING brushing his teeth!!! OMG they are like giant toddlers at times… Your heart is in the right place, and I hope he appreciates what you were trying to do for him!!! Praying for you & Winston…

To be 100% honest, I thought I was signing up for more of a roommate situation & not a parent / child situation. I don't have any children of my own so I'm not equipped to be his parent, nor do I have the knowledge, experience, patience, understanding etc. His father was supposed to be more involved, but then decided that he was just going to basically back out and leave me to be the parent figure, which shocked me to say the least. I don't think that it would benefit the teen to stay with me since I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to all of this kind of thing & I have SO much to lose (I run my own business & have ss#'s / EIN #'s / bank account info etc in my office...him leaving the door unlocked is too big of a liability...I could lose everything & ruin whatever future I could have possibly had not to even mention my pets getting hurt from swallowing all of the stuff he's left around).

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Sorry I'm reading this so late. It sounds like he is on the mend! Bless you for trying to help this boy. It's a shame his dad wasn't more helpful.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Let me be the first to tell you that kids do NOT come w/a manual, and most of the time I feel like I'm winging it… LOL I have found w/my own son that especially at this older teen age, they pretty much think that they know EVERYTHING!!! And sometimes respect goes right out the window… It's a VERY hard age to deal with because they can do adult things, but most of the time they are ill equipped to handle the consequences. It's sad to hear that they Dad pretty much backed out… but at least you showed him that you cared!!! It's surprising today how many parents just GIVE up on their kids & walk-away…

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Let me be the first to tell you that kids do NOT come w/a manual, and most of the time I feel like I'm winging it… LOL I have found w/my own son that especially at this older teen age, they pretty much think that they know EVERYTHING!!! And sometimes respect goes right out the window… It's a VERY hard age to deal with because they can do adult things, but most of the time they are ill equipped to handle the consequences. It's sad to hear that they Dad pretty much backed out… but at least you showed him that you cared!!! It's surprising today how many parents just GIVE up on their kids & walk-away…
    haha! Here I was kinda hoping he did It's SO different having a kid under your roof versus working with them in school. I felt like a total idiot when trying to deal with him half the time. That makes a lot of sense...

So his mother has been beating on him, from my understanding, for the exact things that I described earlier. He's not a bad kid at all...just a teenage boy who doesn't know how to take responsibility for himself. His mother has pretty much lost all patience with him & has kicked him out to sleep on the streets multiple times. He does have 2 other siblings, but they seem to be more well adjusted. When I spoke to the father Friday & began to explain the things that were going on, he basically said that if I don't take him & he has no where else to go, that he's going back with his mother... I'm honestly not sure what to do at this point because I can't risk my pets health / welfare nor my business, but I don't think it's a wise decision for him to go back with his mother.

At the same time I don't know the full situation & it strikes me as odd that he's only been here for 3-4 days and this is how he's acting. I would have thought that he'd be doing everything in his power to stay out of his old home.

Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    Sorry I'm reading this so late. It sounds like he is on the mend! Bless you for trying to help this boy. It's a shame his dad wasn't more helpful.
    Thank you so much! I really hope so. Winston is back in bed snoring. I'm praying that he passes whatever he ate & is back to his happy / perky self.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads