Christmas Tree / Ornament Casualties

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Yeah; both Amber and Ruby are mezmerized by the tree and Search, our Maine Coon cat, loves to climb the tree regardless of live or fake. We had a real tree last year and Amber and Search lost their minds so this year we went back to the fake tree. No luck; all three want a piece of the action so we have lights and no decorations on the tree yet. Not sure if we will get to the decorations, maybe on the 24th when I am at home and can watch them until the 29th and then take the decorations back off the tree and only have lights until after new years. I have to admit, we have had to make some adjustments on Christmas with bullies but like everything else it is well worth it. Decorations..... just like the shower curtains, furniture, cabinets, shoes or anything else that has been a bit mared over the last two years......its all over rated!! Bullies are the best and everyday is Christmas in our house (or anyway it seems like that since we replace shower curtains and "other things" on a regular bases :ROFL::christmas19:

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I too have made some concessions this year, this is my first time fostering a bulldog and let's just say he has a little pee problem. We normally get a real tree but due to the trust factor we opted for a REAL 3' tabletop tree just to be on the safe side. Last year our EB was just shy of turning one and we had no problems. The things we do to make it ALL work and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I'm actually quite surprised. The tree has been up for less that 2 days and we've only had 1 ornament casualty so far. This is the ornament that Orion chose to remove from the tree tonight. She chomped on it enough to break a few pieces....but I think glue will fix it just fine. She's removed several snowflakes....but those were rescued before she did damage. Tonight....she was left unsupervised for 5 mins. Mr snowman lost part of his scarf, his earmuffs and his candy cane.
IMG_0171.jpg

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
I don't have pics of the damage. Gunny liked to hide under the tree and chew on the branches. After 5 minutes trying to get him out from under the tree he would rip off a couple full strands of lights and several ornaments. This was the solution!

e8u9y6ap.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I don't have pics of the damage. Gunny liked to hide under the tree and chew on the branches. After 5 minutes trying to get him out from under the tree he would rip off a couple full strands of lights and several ornaments. This was the solution!

e8u9y6ap.jpg

This is great!! He is so cute. And if you ask me he looks completely innocent!! Don't you have a cat??

GunnyHighway

Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
No cat.......guilty as charged!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No cat.......guilty as charged!

:nono: it is ALWAYS a cat.... neighborhood cat that broke into the house to blame the Bully that lives there!!!

GunnyHighway

Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
:nono: it is ALWAYS a cat.... neighborhood cat that broke into the house to blame the Bully that lives there!!!

I like your thinking! I may have to reopen the case.

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno

e8u9y6ap.jpg

looks kinda like our tree.had to put the puppy fence up after she ate the tree skirts santa's nose and was cought in the act of running off with a small present. You would think at 1-1/2 years the crazy little white dog would start to calm down. NOPE

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.