Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I saw this post on a French Bulldog News thought it would be funny to do here.

Here is two that did not shatter, I have lost Santa who goes by the fireplace so I'm looking right now! :detective:

Funny part is one of these was high on the tree but we must have not had them hooked on good enough fora bully butt to wiggle the tree and gravity took care if the bear arm! :giggle:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386432550.276545.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I don't have any photos, but having had dogs all my life,(and a few cats) over the years-broken ornaments-I had gradually replaced them all with wooden ornaments. When my children were small, we bought wooden ornaments and decorated them with glitter,etc. So eventually we had all "home made" ornaments. (UN breakable!) I still have them, but but no fun alone.:no:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
None broken by Harlea so far. Broken by the a specific cat is another story. Harlea and 3 of the cats don't mess with the tree itself as they would rather fight over who gets to snooze on the tree skirt. The 4th kitty likes to try and climb the tree destroying everything in his path.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh NO Lisa!!!
I've learned over the years to get the shatterproof ones, or we put the breakable ones high on the tree… I have lost SO many ornaments over the years!!! I agree w/Todd, cats are the WORST!!! I had two cats that just loved to climb up a real tree… Ugh!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
super glue?

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Super glue for the cats or the ornaments? LMAO (my vote goes for the cats).
We have a small tree I put up every year, what I fondly refer to as the Charlie Brown Christmas tree. ;-)

(edited to add) I forgot to type the entire reason I said all of the above...the cats nor Mona can get to the tree, so no broken ornaments.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Dudley has always been wonderful with the tree...now, I had a Maine Coon cat for 13 years...when he was a kitten, he was a nightmare. I lived in an apartment and could not have a live tree...I came home from work and the artificial tree was on its side on the floor! When I moved to the townhouse and could have a real tree, the same cat NEVER bothered it. He would lay under it, but never touched the boughs or the ornaments!Isn't that funny?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama Super glue for the cats or the ornaments? LMAO (my vote goes for the cats).
We have a small tree I put up every year, what I fondly refer to as the Charlie Brown Christmas tree. ;-)

(edited to add) I forgot to type the entire reason I said all of the above...the cats nor Mona can get to the tree, so no broken ornaments.

:hmm:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Dudley has always been wonderful with the tree...now, I had a Maine Coon cat for 13 years...when he was a kitten, he was a nightmare. I lived in an apartment and could not have a live tree...I came home from work and the artificial tree was on its side on the floor! When I moved to the townhouse and could have a real tree, the same cat NEVER bothered it. He would lay under it, but never touched the boughs or the ornaments!Isn't that funny?

My cats LOVED to sleep under the real tree, but when they were kittens they were always climbing it! Drove us nuts... Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Today I caught Brutus knocking an ornament off the tree. I guess he doesn't realize sound travels. It was a little old fashioned copper stove kettle that would have been a nightmare had he eaten it. It has a removable lid. I would be on poop patrol forever!

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
We are getting our tree this weekend. I'm not sure how Brie is going to react to it or when we decorate it but I'm sure it will be an interesting adventure. I know I'll need to keep her away from it but I just don't know how I will be able to do that yet.

DieselsHooman

Nov 15, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel Diamond
My tree is so overcome with presents at the bottom of it, my little pup couldn't reach the tree if he tried! haha

Now when it comes to licking the presents, that's another story.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie does not bother the tree, the cats are another story. I can't put ornaments low, they rip the wrapping on the presents so I have to hide them. This is what Kitten did one year to our tree. We were sleeping and heard a crash...and here she was sitting proudly at her work.

Attachments

• KItten & the Tree002.jpg
    KItten & the Tree002.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 109
OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
super glue?

Yep I have got them set aside for repair, I tried regular glue but that didn't cut it!

That's why superglue is just plain better!

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie does not bother the tree, the cats are another story. I can't put ornaments low, they rip the wrapping on the presents so I have to hide them. This is what Kitten did one year to our tree. We were sleeping and heard a crash...and here she was sitting proudly at her work.

Oh no! :faint:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.