The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Well.... Today is going to be an extra rough day today. I have been working some crazy hours here lately wrapping up end of year items at work which has been very taxing on me and my family both physically and mentally. Well to add to that today is the day that Harlea goes in to get spayed so I won't have my snuggle bug with me until tomorrow morning as she will be staying overnight at the vet's office. I know in my heart that she is going to be fine, but this will be the longest period of time that she has been away from us and I am already having withdrawals and she has only been gone for 30 minutes.......

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh Todd, I'm so sorry!!! This is a stressful time of year anyway… I'm sure that Harlea is going to be just fine :yes: Sending you hugs & prayers and keep us posted on baby Harlea!!! :assurred:

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
June gets spayed today too! My bf took her in this morning because I was already freaking out haha we are such worry warts! she loves the vets, and was very excited to go "bye bye" this morning and got to play with a french bulldog when she got there so i'm sure she doesn't even miss us. We get to pick her up at 3 though so i'm happy about that. We've never spent a night without her!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Harlea will be just fine!! But I know how you feel. When Blue went in for cherry eye/palate surgery, my hubs and I though "yaaay", one night of freedom, no pink poodle shadowing us (my nickname for him). But we spent the day worrying and missing him terribly.
Keep yourself busy today, and next you know it'll be tomorrow and Harlea will be back home!!

Samantha, you're lucky you get to pick her up the same day. Hope you get her some special treats!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Prayer's for Harlea and June, for speedy recoveries and to their parents for calm nerves.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Sending prayers your way! One week from today Rocco gets neutered. He won't be staying overnight buy I'm still going to be in the same boat!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Well.... Today is going to be an extra rough day today. I have been working some crazy hours here lately wrapping up end of year items at work which has been very taxing on me and my family both physically and mentally. Well to add to that today is the day that Harlea goes in to get spayed so I won't have my snuggle bug with me until tomorrow morning as she will be staying overnight at the vet's office. I know in my heart that she is going to be fine, but this will be the longest period of time that she has been away from us and I am already having withdrawals and she has only been gone for 30 minutes.......

I'm sorry you have to be away from your baby. It is very stressfull. I know she will be ok and you will have all day tomorrow to cuddle. Please update us when she is out of surgery.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
June gets spayed today too! My bf took her in this morning because I was already freaking out haha we are such worry warts! she loves the vets, and was very excited to go "bye bye" this morning and got to play with a french bulldog when she got there so i'm sure she doesn't even miss us. We get to pick her up at 3 though so i'm happy about that. We've never spent a night without her!
I will be thinking of June today. Please update when she is home and tell us how she did.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Tomorrow will be here before you know it, Todd, and Harlea will do just fine with the spay. Still, I understand (i know we all do), your worry about her. I can't stand being away from the boys for even 1/2 a day either!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hi Todd,
I had Maude spayed in Oct. at one year old. Of course I was worried-even though my vet is a "bullie Man". Maude spent the night, and when I picked her up, you would never know she had anything done. She was her silly self and never even knew she had anything done! And I didn't have to worry about her licking stitches-cause she couldn't reach! I was worried that the others might lick them, but all was uneventful -and no worries! Harlea will be Happy Harlea when you see her!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Im sure Harlea is going to be just fine Todd and i completely understand the worry wart part! Let us know when all goes well and shes home with you again.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Prayer's for Harlea and June, for speedy recoveries and to their parents for calm nerves.

I tried to reply all morning but Internet was down, Kelly said exactly what I'm thinking
and praying for y'all.
:pray: GOD bless & keep y'all safe, Cami & I send hugs of comfort.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
Any news yet [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION]?? June's vet called at 11:45 and said she's done and doing well. Hoping you got the same call :)

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Any one heard from Todd yet? We all know exactly how you feel Todd none of us can stand to be separated for very long form our fur babies, which is why when we go on vacation we will be taking Sheldon with us so I can relax.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online