Its a bulldog not a boxer!! Ugh

Krista5kids

Dec 6, 2013
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Our 14 week old pure bred English bulldog has brindle and white markings on his face and everyone thinks hes a boxer. Im like a broken record. Lol anyone else get this of know when they start to look more bully like?

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Awww I'm sure he looks like a bully. Don't worry about the ppl who have no idea about breeds. As for when they actually look like a bully, I don't have an answer for that as Brie is my first bully n has always looked like one. Have any pics of Diesel you can post?

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
I have a boxer and a bulldog and they look nothing alike! People are dumb!! However, our male boxer was very tall and lean so people thought he was a Great Dane!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I also have a bully & a boxer… to me they look VERY different. But I've seen pics on here of bully pups that looked very similar to boxer's. It takes about 3 years for them to fill out, so he will change over time. People are VERY stupid sometimes, my boxer is a reverse brindle (black w/brown stripes) so many people think she's a pit. I happen to have NO issue's w/pits but I'm like REALLY?!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
At 14 weeks bully pups are all legs and ears :luv: it's very normal for people to think that you have a boxer pup. They start to really broaden at close to a year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Yeah, this is a common theme here. Many bullies start off looking like boxers for a bit, then broaden out.
don't take it personally.

Oh, and Welcome to EBN. :)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Welcome to EBN! Vegas always has and still get's called a pit-bull. :confused: I don't even get that one. lol

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber filled out as she turned two and Ruby is filling out faster than Amber did. Not sure but I think Ruby will be bigger than Amber when she is done growing. I have had people ask what kind of dog they are when they were little but no one mistakes either of them for anything other than a bully. It takes time but just all of a sudden you will look and see they transitioned, almost over night.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Not to worry! I worked for a Country Vet.and that is when I learned how DUMB and uncaring many PEOPLE really are! It was a really shocking lesson-only cows were important, 'cause they made $$$! Don't worry about your dog- I'm sure nothing is wrong with THE DOG..................:scared::rundog:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
We were at a carnival with Brutus over the summer and a family was walking toward us and the father says oh look at the cute puppy is he a boxer or a mastiff and the little girl said no daddy he is a bulldog!!! She couldn't have been a day over 8yrs old. Smart kid.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Boxer puppies have peanut heads ,bullies are like they should be :-)
If someone would say i got a boxer i would ignore its-not a big deal

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Why not let the ignorant sods think that he is a boxer....;-)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Happens a lot, especially around the 4-8 month age frame..... wear a t-shirt so you do not have to keep telling them :tongue:

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I got that like the first two months I had Rocco. By the time he was 4 months there was no more mistaking that lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.