Real Name
    Amber
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gus
    Likes (Received)

Default Chew Guard Technology.. my butt

I'm afraid I cannot recommend the new goDog toys (stuffed) with the Chew Guard technology thing. It's a heavy plastic mesh inside the plush that supposedly makes them last longer. No dice. Gus LOVES plush toys but even this one he managed to rip apart and try to snack on the stuffing in less than 10 minutes. Waste of money at nearly $20 a toy. Just passin along the info.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Chew Guard Technology.. my butt

Couldn't agree more. I think these toy companies really need to try these toys out on Bulldogs before they make claims like that. They are expen$ive too!!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

I have seen the toys that are being advertised with "chew guard technology". I laughed to myself. I didn't figure it was Bullie proof! In "the old days(original bulldogs)" if they could hang on to a 1000 lb.& up bull's nose-there's not much "chew guard technology" that applies to them!! Have you ever played tug of war with them? If so, you can feel the power in those jaws!!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    I have seen the toys that are being advertised with "chew guard technology". I laughed to myself. I didn't figure it was Bullie proof! In "the old days(original bulldogs)" if they could hang on to a 1000 lb.& up bull's nose-there's not much "chew guard technology" that applies to them!! Have you ever played tug of war with them? If so, you can feel the power in those jaws!!
    YES they are POWERFUL! Their upper arm strength is amazing to me too!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I remember one time I bought this toy that was "Tiger Tested" and my boxer & bully had that thing trashed in a day… NO kitty can stand up to these bullies!!! LOL

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I was going to say these toy companies must NOT have a bully tester because if they did they would know to advertise it as Chew Guard Technology BUT Bulldog humans must beware as they are NOT bully proof.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

None of mine can have stuffies, no matter who makes them, they will not last the day. I think they test the chew guard out on Chihuahua's LOL
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

I've went with the Kong Toys, But let me show you a couple mine will never have again!!

Name:  41NUueeMSuL._SL500_SS100_.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  2.5 KBName:  31ef4iVzuQL._SL500_SS100_.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  1.5 KBThese two Items were chewed apart as if they were cotton candy, and they pooped out pieces of them for days, The doughnut looking toy was red, and appeared to be blood in their stool, I immediately took notice.

Now these next Two are by Nylabone, and my two boys can't get enough of them, I notice Mustang Sally on a video that @JeannieCO posted the other day also playing with one of these, They have lasted a while, but eventually get chewed down as well.

Name:  41XKUgAteRL._AA160_.jpg
Size:  4.7 KBName:  513AQLkMrkL._AA160_.jpg
Size:  7.1 KB

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    I've went with the Kong Toys, But let me show you a couple mine will never have again!!

Name:  41NUueeMSuL._SL500_SS100_.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  2.5 KBName:  31ef4iVzuQL._SL500_SS100_.jpg
Size:  1.5 KBThese two Items were chewed apart as if they were cotton candy, and they pooped out pieces of them for days, The doughnut looking toy was red, and appeared to be blood in their stool, I immediately took notice.

Now these next Two are by Nylabone, and my two boys can't get enough of them, I notice Mustang Sally on a video that @JeannieCO posted the other day also playing with one of these, They have lasted a while, but eventually get chewed down as well.

Name:  41XKUgAteRL._AA160_.jpg
Size:  4.7 KBName:  513AQLkMrkL._AA160_.jpg
Size:  7.1 KB
    Jack loves that Kong donut round. It's by far one of his favorite squeakers. The bullies don't play with it though. I bought the other Kong once and Jack ate it apart so I haven't bought that one again. That round Nyla no one really chews on but Sally. I've had that one for 3 years now. LOL.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Jack loves that Kong donut round. It's by far one of his favorite squeakers. The bullies don't play with it though. I bought the other Kong once and Jack ate it apart so I haven't bought that one again. That round Nyla no one really chews on but Sally. I've had that one for 3 years now. LOL.
    My two got the doughnut, and tugged a war it into a meal !!! hahahaha omg, The white bone is a year old, and ¼ its original size, I bought two new ones, but they prefer the nub! The round hard toy Sally chews on, My boys also tug a war it, but haven't managed to destroy it yet lol. I thought Mustang Sally chewing one hers the other night was too cute, and i said "Hey Rocky and Rambo have that toy!!" Great minds think alike.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

We have given Brie some stuffy toys w chew guard and they only lasted a little while. At first she was just using them as fetch toys, but then she started chewing n relatively easily broke through them. They need to make toys that are bully guard lol we use nylabone n kong but even those get chewed down more then any other dog I've had. I replace her stuff pretty much every month.

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I stopped using Nylabones because after awhile, they all develop rough/sharp edges from chewing and I've noticed he cuts his gums on them.

His favorite are the kong stuffies that squeak. But we go through so many it's becoming very expensive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads