Chew Guard Technology.. my butt

GusBus

Apr 21, 2013
Panama City Beach, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
I'm afraid I cannot recommend the new goDog toys (stuffed) with the Chew Guard technology thing. It's a heavy plastic mesh inside the plush that supposedly makes them last longer. No dice. Gus LOVES plush toys but even this one he managed to rip apart and try to snack on the stuffing in less than 10 minutes. Waste of money at nearly $20 a toy. Just passin along the info.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Couldn't agree more. I think these toy companies really need to try these toys out on Bulldogs before they make claims like that. They are expen$ive too!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have seen the toys that are being advertised with "chew guard technology". I laughed to myself. I didn't figure it was Bullie proof! In "the old days(original bulldogs)" if they could hang on to a 1000 lb.& up bull's nose-there's not much "chew guard technology" that applies to them!! :bulldog: Have you ever played tug of war with them? If so, you can feel the power in those jaws!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have seen the toys that are being advertised with "chew guard technology". I laughed to myself. I didn't figure it was Bullie proof! In "the old days(original bulldogs)" if they could hang on to a 1000 lb.& up bull's nose-there's not much "chew guard technology" that applies to them!! :bulldog: Have you ever played tug of war with them? If so, you can feel the power in those jaws!!

YES they are POWERFUL! Their upper arm strength is amazing to me too!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I remember one time I bought this toy that was "Tiger Tested" and my boxer & bully had that thing trashed in a day… NO kitty can stand up to these bullies!!! LOL

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I was going to say these toy companies must NOT have a bully tester because if they did they would know to advertise it as Chew Guard Technology BUT Bulldog humans must beware as they are NOT bully proof.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
None of mine can have stuffies, no matter who makes them, they will not last the day. I think they test the chew guard out on Chihuahua's LOL

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I've went with the Kong Toys, But let me show you a couple mine will never have again!!

41NUueeMSuL._SL500_SS100_.jpg31ef4iVzuQL._SL500_SS100_.jpgThese two Items were chewed apart as if they were cotton candy, and they pooped out pieces of them for days, The doughnut looking toy was red, and appeared to be blood in their stool, I immediately took notice.

Now these next Two are by Nylabone, and my two boys can't get enough of them, I notice Mustang Sally on a video that [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] posted the other day also playing with one of these, They have lasted a while, but eventually get chewed down as well.

41XKUgAteRL._AA160_.jpg513AQLkMrkL._AA160_.jpg

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I've went with the Kong Toys, But let me show you a couple mine will never have again!!

View attachment 61698View attachment 61699These two Items were chewed apart as if they were cotton candy, and they pooped out pieces of them for days, The doughnut looking toy was red, and appeared to be blood in their stool, I immediately took notice.

Now these next Two are by Nylabone, and my two boys can't get enough of them, I notice Mustang Sally on a video that [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] posted the other day also playing with one of these, They have lasted a while, but eventually get chewed down as well.

View attachment 61700View attachment 61701

Jack loves that Kong donut round. It's by far one of his favorite squeakers. The bullies don't play with it though. I bought the other Kong once and Jack ate it apart so I haven't bought that one again. That round Nyla no one really chews on but Sally. I've had that one for 3 years now. LOL.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Jack loves that Kong donut round. It's by far one of his favorite squeakers. The bullies don't play with it though. I bought the other Kong once and Jack ate it apart so I haven't bought that one again. That round Nyla no one really chews on but Sally. I've had that one for 3 years now. LOL.

My two got the doughnut, and tugged a war it into a meal !!! hahahaha omg, The white bone is a year old, and ¼ its original size, I bought two new ones, but they prefer the nub! The round hard toy Sally chews on, My boys also tug a war it, but haven't managed to destroy it yet lol. I thought Mustang Sally chewing one hers the other night was too cute, and i said "Hey Rocky and Rambo have that toy!!" Great minds think alike.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
We have given Brie some stuffy toys w chew guard and they only lasted a little while. At first she was just using them as fetch toys, but then she started chewing n relatively easily broke through them. They need to make toys that are bully guard lol we use nylabone n kong but even those get chewed down more then any other dog I've had. I replace her stuff pretty much every month.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I stopped using Nylabones because after awhile, they all develop rough/sharp edges from chewing and I've noticed he cuts his gums on them.

His favorite are the kong stuffies that squeak. But we go through so many it's becoming very expensive.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I stopped using Nylabones because after awhile, they all develop rough/sharp edges from chewing and I've noticed he cuts his gums on them.

His favorite are the kong stuffies that squeak. But we go through so many it's becoming very expensive.

Same here. We still use the nylabone cos she loves to chew n I just replace them when they get to jaggedly. I do get concerned whether she us eating any bits off the edges n if so. Is it ok. I never though to check Brie's gums. I'll do that n make sure she is not hurting herself w them too.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Same here. We still use the nylabone cos she loves to chew n I just replace them when they get to jaggedly. I do get concerned whether she us eating any bits off the edges n if so. Is it ok. I never though to check Brie's gums. I'll do that n make sure she is not hurting herself w them too.

We didn't notice either until I caught him yawning and saw a long cut across the top gum line. I checked his toys and noticed that some nylabones had small red spots on them. Realized it was blood and threw them all out.
I do think the bits they eat are safe though, so I didn't worry about that.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] good to know they r prolly safe. It isn't like she is ripping chunks off but still I'm sure she swallows some small shredded bits. I never know when tit is time to toss them cos I'm not sure he shredded n chewed they are suppose to get before tossing them. I checked her mouth n no cuts so far. Also checked the bones n I don't see any red. How is that cutie blueberry pie anyway?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.