Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Chew Guard Technology.. my butt

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    I stopped using Nylabones because after awhile, they all develop rough/sharp edges from chewing and I've noticed he cuts his gums on them.

His favorite are the kong stuffies that squeak. But we go through so many it's becoming very expensive.
    Same here. We still use the nylabone cos she loves to chew n I just replace them when they get to jaggedly. I do get concerned whether she us eating any bits off the edges n if so. Is it ok. I never though to check Brie's gums. I'll do that n make sure she is not hurting herself w them too.

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lisabear123 View Post
    Same here. We still use the nylabone cos she loves to chew n I just replace them when they get to jaggedly. I do get concerned whether she us eating any bits off the edges n if so. Is it ok. I never though to check Brie's gums. I'll do that n make sure she is not hurting herself w them too.
    We didn't notice either until I caught him yawning and saw a long cut across the top gum line. I checked his toys and noticed that some nylabones had small red spots on them. Realized it was blood and threw them all out.
    I do think the bits they eat are safe though, so I didn't worry about that.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

@Blueberrys Mom good to know they r prolly safe. It isn't like she is ripping chunks off but still I'm sure she swallows some small shredded bits. I never know when tit is time to toss them cos I'm not sure he shredded n chewed they are suppose to get before tossing them. I checked her mouth n no cuts so far. Also checked the bones n I don't see any red. How is that cutie blueberry pie anyway?

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Krista
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug
    Likes (Received)

Aubie just isn't that tough on toys I don't guess... she will tear regular stuffies up in a minute, but she's had tuffy's toys shark, alligator, and pig and has only just recently wore the sides of the shark's head down to almost stuffing. She also has one of those tough rubber sticks that she hasn't even tore a piece off of. She mostly plays fetch and suckles her toys, not too much hard chewing and no pulling or tearing (unless its tug of war with me).

I guess we're lucky! LOL

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for this review. I am getting ready to order some Christmas goodies for Raven and saw a few being advertised with this stuff. Glad I didn't place the order yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

wow.... thanks for the info! I do not think there will ever be a 'stuffy' that Banks will not destroy in less than 5 mins.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Koozer
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lisabear123 View Post
    The Nylabones are about the only thing that survives Koozer. Regarding the jagged edges, if they are cutting your baby, definitely toss them, or use a dremmel to grind down the sharp edges. But if you read about Nylabones, they are supposed to get textured...that's what helps clean their teeth. Also, the little pieces that break off are small enough and safe enough for digestion. Just FYI for peace of mind

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gfitz911 View Post
    The Nylabones are about the only thing that survives Koozer. Regarding the jagged edges, if they are cutting your baby, definitely toss them, or use a dremmel to grind down the sharp edges. But if you read about Nylabones, they are supposed to get textured...that's what helps clean their teeth. Also, the little pieces that break off are small enough and safe enough for digestion. Just FYI for peace of mind
    Thank you so much!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads