Death balls of hell?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I LOVE steamed brussel sprouts which I made for MY dinner NOT Joe's he had steamed green beans, My husband calls them "death balls from hell" well guess who else loves them...Vegas!!! and YES I already know the gas I am going to hear from him, but he ate 5 of them and loved them plus a few steamed green beans. MMmmm only me and Vegas will know... and of course I will blame it on him!!!:yes:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I love them too, but no one else in the house does. I have to buy the singles packages from Green Giant. They are very good for Vegas.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
OMG, that's hilarous! I HATE them too. When I was little (like probably three, but I remember this like it was yesterday!), my Mom called them "Baby Cabbages" and insisted that we eat them. Well there was NO way I was going to eat the horrible things. So I was told I couldn't leave the table til mine were gone. I sat there til bedtime and my Mom never tried to get me to eat them again. SO you and Vegas just enjoy yourselves, YUCK!!!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Ha! I'm with your husband - I just tried them again in a really nice restaurants in the area thinking if there was ever a place that would make a brussel sprout sing, this would be it - and I still thought they tasted horrible.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Yum, we both love brussel sprouts.
However, we don't really do much people food sharing with Gracie. Right now we can have a plate of food and she'll only be mildly interested if it smells really good, then as long as she has "Gracie food" we'll tell her to go eat her food and she'll jump down and eat that while we're eating our food. I'm afraid if we actually started feeding her from our plates we'd be in for all kinds of trouble.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
OMG, that's hilarous! I HATE them too. When I was little (like probably three, but I remember this like it was yesterday!), my Mom called them "Baby Cabbages" and insisted that we eat them. Well there was NO way I was going to eat the horrible things. So I was told I couldn't leave the table til mine were gone. I sat there til bedtime and my Mom never tried to get me to eat them again. SO you and Vegas just enjoy yourselves, YUCK!!!

[MENTION=881]Gertie's Mom[/MENTION],

I too was TRAUMATIZED, with PERCH I am orgianally from OHIO 9 yrs ago I live in FL. now. and am a huge fisherwoman, I sat until dark/bedtime and WOULD NOT eat it, (today I love most fish NOT perch) but my mom made me sit until bedtime until I ate it, I think that is why I hate it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
P.S.You can hear Vegas from the house beside us his GAS is THAT LOUD and I swear it IS him!!! I Promise :whew: It is NOT me!! AND SHEW THE SMELL!!!

Last edited:
OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION], I swear it IS him!!! LOL, I so wanted to blame him tonight but they did not effect me YET, it really IS him!! Thank god my husband is already in bed, now I don't have to blame anyone!! :lol:

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
I LOVE brussels sprouts! I am the only one in this house that likes veggies so i don't get to eat them that often since it is more of a pain to cook separate meals than it is to just accommodate the picky eaters. :down: butler does not like veggies either! booo for me. speaking of gas though, butler's emissions have been noxious tonight.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yum I love brussel sprouts also and I can guarantee that the boys would as well. Pretty sure they havent had them since I dont get them much. Hubby thinks they are gross also. I love the green giant ones in the butter sauce, YUM!!!! They are hard to find here but when I do find them I stock up like crazy.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I have NEVER had brussell sprouts but there really isn't much I won't eat so I can't imagine that I won't like them. What do they taste like? Whats the best way to cook them? I know Dave likes them so maybe I should make them soon so I can try them.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Tess....... they taste like, uh, brussel sprouts ;) Like Lari said, we both like them alot. It's a rather strong taste but I can't compare it to anything. Try em'.

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
NOPE NOPE NOPE cant make me eat them lol...I too as a child was forced to eat foods I did not like. Liver and onions was one of them. To this day I cant stand the smell... I would spit it out in my napkin when no one was looking or sneak it to the dog....

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
OOoohhh ...... LOVE LOVE LOVE brussel sprouts. My hubby hates them, but the kids will eat them. Haven't tried the fur-kids with them.

I steam them or sometimes cut them in half and saute them in a little extra virgin olive oil with chopped up bacon and sometimes I add pine nuts. YUMMY!!!!:up:

Feeling hungry now ......... :rolleyes:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.