Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Death balls of hell?

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Death balls of hell?

Tess....... they taste like, uh, brussel sprouts Like Lari said, we both like them alot. It's a rather strong taste but I can't compare it to anything. Try em'.

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
    Likes (Received)

NOPE NOPE NOPE cant make me eat them lol...I too as a child was forced to eat foods I did not like. Liver and onions was one of them. To this day I cant stand the smell... I would spit it out in my napkin when no one was looking or sneak it to the dog....

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

OOoohhh ...... LOVE LOVE LOVE brussel sprouts. My hubby hates them, but the kids will eat them. Haven't tried the fur-kids with them.

I steam them or sometimes cut them in half and saute them in a little extra virgin olive oil with chopped up bacon and sometimes I add pine nuts. YUMMY!!!!

Feeling hungry now .........

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

@TessaAndSamson I honestly have no idea how to cook raw ones since nobody would eat them but me. I think they may taste like cabbages just because I always thought they were but honestly havent had cooked cabbage in years so I dont know. Go and find the green giant boxed frozen ones in the butter sauce. They are THE best by far. Yum! You all are making me want some. Gonna have to run to vons to find them I think. lol

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Mmmm I love cooked cabbage so I better get on this!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

@TessaAnsSamson, I try to buy only fresh veggies and steam them. Ziplock invented these steamer bags (you can find them where the sandwich bags, foil, plastic wrap is kept in the store) that are FANTASTIC for all my veggies. Buy the Brussel Sprouts raw in the produce section at your grocery store, wash them put the amount you want in the bag with a a few Tbl. spoons of water and steam for 4 min. done!! Salt to taste. But as cal~jenn says the Green Giant frozen ones with light butter sauce are FANTASTIC also!!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    OOoohhh ...... LOVE LOVE LOVE brussel sprouts. My hubby hates them, but the kids will eat them. Haven't tried the fur-kids with them.

I steam them or sometimes cut them in half and saute them in a little extra virgin olive oil with chopped up bacon and sometimes I add pine nuts. YUMMY!!!!

Feeling hungry now .........

OH OH OH...... I HAVE to try the sauted ones. Might have to do that tonight... LOL,,,, darn, now Im hungry too.

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member mom2bullies's Avatar
    Real Name
    Myrna
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gertie's Mom View Post
    OMG, that's hilarous! I HATE them too. When I was little (like probably three, but I remember this like it was yesterday!), my Mom called them "Baby Cabbages" and insisted that we eat them. Well there was NO way I was going to eat the horrible things. So I was told I couldn't leave the table til mine were gone. I sat there til bedtime and my Mom never tried to get me to eat them again. SO you and Vegas just enjoy yourselves, YUCK!!!
    My parents did the same thing with me with "Baby Cabbages" and I too sat at the table tell it was bed time.... with out going to the bathroom as I might spit them out.... needless to say I never feed them to my kids... I have the same one word for them..... YUCK!!!!
    mom2bullies

"For it is not into my ear you whisper, but into my heart.
    It is not my lips you kiss, But my soul"

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    @TessaAndSamson, I try to buy only fresh veggies and steam them. Ziplock invented these steamer bags (you can find them where the sandwich bags, foil, plastic wrap is kept in the store) that are FANTASTIC for all my veggies. Buy the Brussel Sprouts raw in the produce section at your grocery store, wash them put the amount you want in the bag with a a few Tbl. spoons of water and steam for 4 min. done!! Salt to taste. But as @cal~jenn says the Green Giant frozen ones with light butter sauce are FANTASTIC also!!
    @KMARINO the green giant ones are delicious! i'll have to get those steamer bags. another good way to cook them is to split them, drizzle with olive oil or melted butter (or both) and season with thyme, lemon juice, salt and pepper. i bake them in the toaster oven at 400 until they smell good and give up some liquid, 20-30 mins approx.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Bruce fixed us brussel sprouts for dinner last night because this thread made him hungry for them. Gracie didn't get any. But they sure were good!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Awe poor Gracie!!! She doesnt know what she was missing tho so she will be ok. haha. @sheila that way of cooking them sounds yummy too. Maybe one of these days I will try to make some fresh ones even if it will just be for me and if I am lucky my daughter, probably not tho.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Eww! I have to agree with your husband YUCK!!! Anyways this topic was hilarious!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads