Bulldog doesn't like bed, when I'm in it.

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
Okay so this is opposite to what my friends complain about their dogs. My Tipsy doesn't want to sleep in bed with me. She loves the bed when I am not in it but as soon as I climb in, she gets up, walks off the bed into her own bed! I beg and plead with toys and treats:( I am jealous of bulldog parents that get to cuddle, specially on cold nights. Anyone else out there with the same issue, even though it's really not an issue...lol.

Here is a pic before I got in bed.
e6y8azav.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
So e dogs love sleeping on their own
Lily will sleep with my hubby but not with me
Same goes for Shy . Xx

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
In my opinion that is a sign of submission. Submissive dogs don't sleep with their leeders. But then again you pleading should tell her different, she must be confused or I'm totally lost;) ....Other signs of submission are turning away and looking away, all that we can interpred indiffirend.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I don't let my dogs sleep in the bed w/me because of my allergies, but they are all over me on the couch!!! He just wants a KING sized bed all to himself… LOL

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
IMHO.. [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] is correct. It has nothing to do with not wanting to snuggle you... as head of the pack you get the higher ground. It's easy to over humanise our little furballs, but deep down there are ingrained natural instincts and habits of the pack animals they once where.

I don't let my dogs sleep on the bed... and they aren't allowed on the couches (well.. they have to move if a human wants that spot :) ).

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maybe one night she will surprise you!! She's a cutie!

OP
kev122573

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
As usual I am humanizing it as she hates being near me...LOL. She used to sleep by my feet in bed when she was a puppy. Now that she is almost 4, I guess she is all grown up and prefers her own bed. She is just so freaking cute I want to snuggle. I do love the fact that after I go take a shower and get ready in the mornings, I find her in my bed on my pillow when I look for her. Makes me laugh.

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
I have no advice to offer, just wanted to smell you that your baby is a cutie :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I do love the fact that after I go take a shower and get ready in the mornings, I find her in my bed on my pillow when I look for her. Makes me laugh.

this must be the picture you posted ? Our girl also HATES to snuggle, she will sleep on the bed, mostly at the foot or in the middle, but if we touch her she will move so we can not get to her.

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Ellie is this way. She won't sleep in bed. She wants to sleep by herself. She's so very loving and cuddly but at bed time she needs her space.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online