Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We have bedding issues

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Khaleesi
    Likes (Received)

Default We have bedding issues

Or maybe it's human issues. I'm not sure!

Khaleesi still sleeps in her crate at night (she's barely 6 months old) When in the crate she ALWAYS has to get up at least once to go out. Many times she will pee in the crate before she wakes me up. I change the bedding in that crate every single day. The problem is that she wants a fluffy bed. before we ever let her into our own bed, she would wake up and want to sleep in her "baby bed" which is one of those fluffy walled pet beds. But I can't let her sleep in that at night because I'm afraid she'll use the carpet as a toilet. I was tired of washing so much bedding (we'd try to make it as fluffy as possible for Queen Bee) SO....we tried getting fancy memory foam bedding to put in the crate....she shredded it. I don't know what else to try.
    If I let her sleep with us, she sleeps through the night no problem. BUT, she's such a bed hog, no one else gets any sleep!!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: We have bedding issues

At 6 months she can only hold her bladder for 7 hours... Is the night time more than that?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I would take the bedding out. Gema at 6 months of age was sleeping all night, from 9:30 until 5:30 or 6 in the morning and not wetting her bed. We do not put bedding in their crates, but we have nylon crate pads in their crates so they don't have to sleep on the crate pans.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card! JennyeStear's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Default We have bedding issues

Oh the joys of our ever so spoiled bullies

Jagger is a bed hog - we got a California king size bed right after we got Jagger

Last edited by JennyeStear; 12-02-2013 at 10:06 PM.
    Jennye

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Khaleesi
    Likes (Received)

She goes to bed at 9:00-9:30 and the latest she will sleep is around 4:00. Some nights she gets up a couple of times a night, and we think it's because she doesn't' think her bed is fluffy enough, so taking the bedding out isn't really an option. When we put just a towel on the bottom of the crate she's up at least 3-4 times a night. Even the wool type crate pad with the rolled sides isn't enough.
    Jennye-we've talked about the need for a bigger bed. haha!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rudy and Mila
    Likes (Received)

Have you tried making her crate smaller? They don't like to pee where they have to sleep but some don't mind peeing near where they sleep.

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card! JennyeStear's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Ellie is one who will pee where she sleeps, she doesn't care. But she will only pee if she has something to pee on. So, if she does have to go in her kennel there is nothing in it. If there is, she will destroy it or pee on it. But she never pees in her bed in my bedroom or on anything else.

Jagger won't typically pee but he will absolutely destroy any type of pad or blanket you put in his kennel. But never destroys blankets or pillows in the big bed (he sleeps with me at night)
    Jennye

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AngAngeles13 View Post
    Or maybe it's human issues. I'm not sure!

Khaleesi still sleeps in her crate at night (she's barely 6 months old) When in the crate she ALWAYS has to get up at least once to go out. Many times she will pee in the crate before she wakes me up. I change the bedding in that crate every single day. The problem is that she wants a fluffy bed. before we ever let her into our own bed, she would wake up and want to sleep in her "baby bed" which is one of those fluffy walled pet beds. But I can't let her sleep in that at night because I'm afraid she'll use the carpet as a toilet. I was tired of washing so much bedding (we'd try to make it as fluffy as possible for Queen Bee) SO....we tried getting fancy memory foam bedding to put in the crate....she shredded it. I don't know what else to try.
    If I let her sleep with us, she sleeps through the night no problem. BUT, she's such a bed hog, no one else gets any sleep!!
    I feel your pain. For a few month, Blue slept with us too and he was the only one that got any sleep.

Only thing I can think of is really wear her out during the day so she'll sleep through the night. Just be sure to take her out right before bed time.
    I'm thinking if she's exhausted, she'll sleep through anything and there won't be any accidents.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Khaleesi
    Likes (Received)

If her crate gets any smaller she won't fit in there! haha. She just doesn't seem to care about sleeping in pee. We do try to wear her out most nights before bedtime. She's just stubborn. For Christmas she's going to get 50 different types of new beds, and we'll just go down the line trying them out until one of us gets some sleep.

Real Name
    Alison
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk
    Likes (Received)

I'm with @Davidh take out the bedding, she should earn it!! when she stops peeing in her bed get her the fluffiest fanciest bed you can afford!! When Chunk was a baby he peed on soft things, so no bedding for him, then he stepped up to a door mat (nicer than hard plastic, no loud nails sounds ) and when he had a whole month of pee-free nights he got a super cheap petsmart bed, and a few months later he got a sweet plushy bed but my big boy had to prove he could keep it nice! no pee, not destroying, NOTHING,!!
    ♡ All you really need in life is a snack and a snuggle ♡

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Khaleesi
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by truffle shuffle View Post
    I'm with @Davidh take out the bedding, she should earn it!! when she stops peeing in her bed get her the fluffiest fanciest bed you can afford!! When Chunk was a baby he peed on soft things, so no bedding for him, then he stepped up to a door mat (nicer than hard plastic, no loud nails sounds ) and when he had a whole month of pee-free nights he got a super cheap petsmart bed, and a few months later he got a sweet plushy bed but my big boy had to prove he could keep it nice! no pee, not destroying, NOTHING,!!
    That's where the argument comes in. My DH's theory is that she's only peeing in the crate because she's uncomfortable and has woken up because of it. (Just as if we as humans wake up uncomfortable and then decide we need to pee, but if we sleep through the night, we don't pee) he thinks this because if she's sleeping in the bed with us, she will sleep through the night no pee issues at all.
    Is that weird thinking?

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Perhaps she is training you?
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads