Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: We have bedding issues

If she goes to bed at 9-9:30 when do you puck her water up? I would pick it up about 2 hours before bed and Definitely take her out right before bed. Is she waking up at the same times every night to pee in her crate? Maybe if she is, as much of a pain as it will be to you, you can set alarm n get up right before n take her out? We use the kong bedding in a Brie's crate which she seems comfy on. It isn't fluffy tho. She sleeps in my bed at nite and yes, she takes up too much space but I love snuggling her. However, when she does go in her crate be it for a nap or all night, she holds her pee. I remember having to take her out several times throughout the night til she was about 6 months old. I was lucky tho cos she always let me know when she needed to go out. I hope you guys can figure something out soon...I can imagine how frustrating it is.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Khaleesi
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lisabear123 View Post
    If she goes to bed at 9-9:30 when do you puck her water up? I would pick it up about 2 hours before bed and Definitely take her out right before bed. Is she waking up at the same times every night to pee in her crate? Maybe if she is, as much of a pain as it will be to you, you can set alarm n get up right before n take her out? We use the kong bedding in a Brie's crate which she seems comfy on. It isn't fluffy tho. She sleeps in my bed at nite and yes, she takes up too much space but I love snuggling her. However, when she does go in her crate be it for a nap or all night, she holds her pee. I remember having to take her out several times throughout the night til she was about 6 months old. I was lucky tho cos she always let me know when she needed to go out. I hope you guys can figure something out soon...I can imagine how frustrating it is.
    We actually don't take up her water. I hadn't thought of that as another issue. We used to do that every night. Set the alarm that is. And then I found that she was letting me know before the alarm went off, so I quit setting it. For a long time she would let me know beforehand and I'd take her out. This peeing in her crate before she wakes me up just started recently. Maybe we should try going back to that. I wish I could put one of those walled dog beds in the crate, but since they are hard to wash, I'm afraid to.
    Last edited by AngAngeles13; 12-06-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AngAngeles13 View Post
    We actually don't take up her water. I hadn't thought of that as another issue. We used to do that every night. Set the alarm that is. And then I found that she was letting me know before the alarm went off, so I quit setting it. For a long time she would let me know beforehand and I'd take her out. This peeing in her crate before she wakes me up just started recently. Maybe we should try going back to that. I wish I could put one of those walled dog beds in the crate, but since they are hard to wash, I'm afraid to.
    Yeah, i keep her bedding simple until she gets the hang of things. Don't make it harder if yourself if you do need to wash it. Maybe if you can try picking up the water n setting your clock again. Granted, at her age she should be able to hold it for about 7 hours, but every dog is different. Females can't hold their bladder as long as males, and make sure she doesn't have any chew toys in her crate at night as chewing can also promote having to pee. The things we oh through for our furry babies I swear! Lol but in the end, they really are worth it. I have a 14 1/2 yo female shiba inu who can no longer tell when she had to poop so I'm cleaning poo out if her crate daily. She can still hold her per, but I can tell it's getting more difficult for her.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Khaleesi
    Likes (Received)

Yeah, i keep her bedding simple until she gets the hang of things. Don't make it harder if yourself if you do need to wash it. Maybe if you can try picking up the water n setting your clock again. Granted, at her age she should be able to hold it for about 7 hours, but every dog is different. Females can't hold their bladder as long as males, and make sure she doesn't have any chew toys in her crate at night as chewing can also promote having to pee. The things we oh through for our furry babies I swear! Lol but in the end, they really are worth it. I have a 14 1/2 yo female shiba inu who can no longer tell when she had to poop so I'm cleaning poo out if her crate daily. She can still hold her per, but I can tell it's getting more difficult for her.
    My mom's 13 year old Akita is getting to that point I think too. Poor babies.
    We ventured out last night and allowed her to sleep in her fluffy dog bed next to our bed, and she slept from 10:00pm until 7:00 am! No accidents, etc. Before I could mention it, I heard my husband give her water around 9:00, so we got lucky there!

Real Name
    Tina Lindstrom
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Spartacus
    Likes (Received)

I sleep with my mastiff, lab, and olde english bulldog. I get the least amount of room, but we all sleep fairly well. Originally my bulldog wanted to sleep in the living room on the couch but gradually worked his way into the bed. The biggest issue is his loud snoring in my ear cause he has to share the pillow with me. I wouldn't have it any other way. I love all the snuggles!

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

My mom's 13 year old Akita is getting to that point I think too. Poor babies.
    We ventured out last night and allowed her to sleep in her fluffy dog bed next to our bed, and she slept from 10:00pm until 7:00 am! No accidents, etc. Before I could mention it, I heard my husband give her water around 9:00, so we got lucky there!
    It's when they get older n things start going wacky or just font function well. But they are family and should be treated as such I believe. I'm so glad to hear she slept all night! Maybe she will have another good night! Paws crossed!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Khaleesi
    Likes (Received)

It's when they get older n things start going wacky or just font function well. But they are family and should be treated as such I believe. I'm so glad to hear she slept all night! Maybe she will have another good night! Paws crossed!
    She actually did!! Woo hoo! It was your paw crossing that did it.

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

She actually did!! Woo hoo! It was your paw crossing that did it.
    Lol I'm so glad it a working!! We will keep our paws crossed from now on!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Khaleesi
    Likes (Received)

Lol I'm so glad it a working!! We will keep our paws crossed from now on!
    Thank you!

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)